Author Topic: Bluemotion Match  (Read 7457 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Bluemotion Match
« on: 20 November 2012, 21:43 »
Since the GTD is coming to the end of its warrenty in April 2013 future cars are coming into my thoughts.

Options:
Mk6 Bluemotion 1.6 TDI Match (Low mileage (<100) virtually new around 17K seems like a good deal)
          -pick up a mk5 GTI/Ed30 or even a cheaper mk6 GTI as a toy.
Mk7 Bluemotion 1.6 TDI (probably 20K)
Mk7 GT 150TDI (25K)
or wait it out for the Mk7 GTD (29K)
Keep the mk6 GTD and get it remapped possibly killing the already notchy gearbox/clutch (but supposedly normal according to VW).

I suppose one of questions is could a mk6 1.6 TDI Bluemotion be remapped (as its just a tad slow), but when it comes down to the daily commute it will still return 70 odd mpg but has a bit more ommmf for overtaking. And what would a remapped 1.6 return BHP/Torque wise?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Bluemotion Match
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2012, 23:11 »
If it was me I don't think I cud get anything less than a GTD...so In my eyes a MK6 TDI match wud be a no no...and doesn't sound like you wud be to happy as your already talking remap.

Or tho I like the MK5 R32 I'm not a great lover of the GTI but then for some reason I do like the ED30.

But for me it wud have to be a MK7 GT150 or the GTD/GTI but of course its all down to budget I suppose...GTD  :wink: :wink:

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2012, 18:20 »
I know brain sayes buy the 1.6TDI you'll love the extra £100 a year in roadtax savings and better mpg but the mk7 can get 88mpg (mmmmm).

Heart say's buy a GTI, you've never owned a GTI.

Devil says buy a used mk6 R.  :evil:

Wallet says I would like to die fat and happy.

Wallet says fuel bill is too high, buy the 1.6TDI.

The overtaking foot says the GTD is good, is the GT150 good enough as a compromise.

Eyes say the GT just doesnt have the GTI/GTD looks.

Brain says mk7 adaptive cruise mmmmmm.

Brain says buy the 1.6TDI a cheap Honda S2000 or mk5 GTI will solve the need to speed and fun.

Heart says the new BMW 1 series M-Sport kit in blue looks good, Brain says remember the snow fool.

Brain/Heart/Wallet/Eyes and Foot gonna have to duke it out.

Arrggghhhhh  :cry:
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2012, 18:23 »
Save £100 a year in tax?? Thats like putting £2 a week in a jar!

Life is short. Remap the GTD. 200bhp and 300lbs ft is plenty to have some fun with  :evil:

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2012, 18:47 »
Depreciation is your biggest cost, not the tax or mpg  :wink:

Keep your current car and remap.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 November 2012, 19:39 »

True, best not think about that. Then again by the time 3 yrs is up it will have closed to 55K miles, another couple of yrs it will be worthless and nearly 100K miles.  So whats it worth at the moment I wonder or on the 3yr mark.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 21 November 2012, 20:22 »

Wallet says fuel bill is too high, buy the 1.6TDI.......................

I say, see a good psychiatrist as hallucinations are a bugger  :laugh:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 21 November 2012, 23:48 »
I know brain sayes buy the 1.6TDI you'll love the extra £100 a year in roadtax savings and better mpg but the mk7 can get 88mpg (mmmmm).

Heart say's buy a GTI, you've never owned a GTI.

Wallet says fuel bill is too high, buy the 1.6TDI.

The overtaking foot says the GTD is good, is the GT150 good enough as a compromise.

Eyes say the GT just doesnt have the GTI/GTD looks.

Brain says mk7 adaptive cruise mmmmmm.

Brain says buy the 1.6TDI a cheap Honda S2000 or mk5 GTI will solve the need to speed and fun.

Heart says the new BMW 1 series M-Sport kit in blue looks good, Brain says remember the snow fool.

Brain/Heart/Wallet/Eyes and Foot gonna have to duke it out.

Arrggghhhhh  :cry:

Where's the like button for this post!! :laugh:

Made me chuckle :laugh:

Decisions Decisions!! I wud probably choose the remap tho tbh...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2012, 20:51 »
Hilarious, its such a dilemma.  :laugh:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 28 November 2012, 17:57 »

True, best not think about that. Then again by the time 3 yrs is up it will have closed to 55K miles, another couple of yrs it will be worthless and nearly 100K miles.  So whats it worth at the moment I wonder or on the 3yr mark.

Even factoring in maintenance, tax and fuel, the GTD will cost much less over years 4 and 5 than any new car that you buy now.

Why should it matter if you keep your car until it's done 100k or more? Or how much it's worth. It'll still be a good car that you've known from day one. To me, that's worth a lot more than spending lots more money on something new that will do exactly the same job.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.