Author Topic: Hello there - Newbie with Questions  (Read 8957 times)

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
Re: Hello there - Newbie with Questions
« Reply #10 on: 31 October 2011, 20:09 »
Don't forget your location so we know where to pinch the car from

I was going to mension the location that but I would be pushing my luck?

So you recon if you put your location they know where you live so they can come and pinch your car?
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline Redscouse

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 01 November 2011, 04:37 »
Few more questions if i may;

Ive seen a nice Candy White 3dr GTD close to me and im looking at going to view it soon. Few options are not spec'ed on it i would like so -

Can Bi-Xenon headlights be aftermarket fitted - and if so is this pricey and does anybody specialize in this?
I take it the RNS can be aftermarket fitted also? Straight swap for the standard stereo?
Do all GTD's come with ipod connections, or is this an option, and can this be fitted afterwards?

Thanks very much all

Paul :)
Currently looking for the perfect GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 01 November 2011, 05:18 »
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, very helpful. Firstly Keith i see you live in S-O-T, just down the road from me then as i live in Market Drayton, Shropshire  :smiley:

I want the GTD as a 3 door and thats just my personal preference, dont think i will regret this choice. I already have a good idea of what modifications i would like to do and im no stranger to modifying (dont worry nothing chavy) as my Audi TT TDi which i owned for 2.5 years became known at alot of car shows for the way it looked.

Personally i would love a 3 door White GTD, maybe with the 18's on, Bi-Xenon headlights and im not sure which other options yet. Would love the RNS as i have similar systems in both my TT's but i can always retro fit one cheaper if needs be.

Cant really order one new as the lead times are a bit too high and i would preferably want a GTD in the next few months, so currently looking at what is out there, and i think in the next week or 2 ill be down to VW to see if they have any highly spec'ed demo's i can prize from them  :grin:

This is my current car - Audi TT-RS 2.5 in Ibis White, REVO remapped to around 410bhp, 20' RS4 style chrome faced alloys, plus ALOT of other toys. Got this from Stoke Audi in March 2011 - As ive said my circumstances have changed, this car is a mortgage on its own and unfortunately i need to sell it.

Nice video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1XsGSAIyQ

Thanks

Paul
Well you certainly seem to know what you want in the GTD and your TT is lovely so I think you'll be just fine.
Bi-xenons can be retro fitted, but it's a pain in the arse and the main reason why I sold my 2009 car and bought a 2011 car with them already fitted. There is a long thread about it in the mk6 maintenance section including part numbers and all the info you will ever need!! Should cost about £1100 to 1400 in parts. The Doc (mk6 section moderator) isn't far from you and would probably help you out with fitting the xenons and any other parts.
The RNS is an easy retro fit. You just need BAP enabling via VCDS, again, there are threads on this in the section.
Your car will come with an ipod lead in the centre console, plus USB CONNECTOR.
Bluetooth is another popular retro fit item.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Redscouse

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 01 November 2011, 05:41 »
Exonian - Thanks very much for your reply :)

I would much prefer to find the perfect GTD, but if i cant, retro-fitting and modding it myself is all part of the fun :)

Does anybody on this forum have a modded GTD?

Paul

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #14 on: 01 November 2011, 06:19 »
Hi mate, you'll love the rns510 after that unit in the Audi  :wink:

Try talking to Lee our VW forum trader at Cheltenham VW to see if he's got any GTD's  :wink:

Offline Redscouse

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2011, 06:26 »
Thanks Doc  :cool:

Yes the RNS-E in the TT is pants to be honest. Good system but its meant to be upto date and it has sent me the wrong way a few times and not recognised roundabouts and junctions that have been there for 4-5 years  :laugh:

What is Lee's username and ill drop him a PM. Thanks for the heads-up

Paul

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2011, 06:41 »
My pleasure  :wink:

It's evo1986 - http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=27506

Rns510 is a great bit of kit, touchscreen (no silly circle of pain), full postcode search, phone is great and the hard drive is brilliant - its all good  :cool:

Offline Redscouse

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 01 November 2011, 07:57 »
Cheers Doc mate - appreciated :)

Dropped Lee an email as i cant seem to PM (not sure if im being thick or due to me being so new i cant PM yet!)

Cheers  :tongue:

Paul

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 01 November 2011, 10:41 »
once you have 10 posts you can so spam away

Offline andyr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 01 November 2011, 15:04 »
Hi Paul, welcome to the forum  :wink:
My 2p's worth, having only owned a GTD since July :-

DPF's and what they mean to re-mapping. ie. removal of, and by-pass pipe fitting etc for anything over 210bhp, just something to add into the equation (But Doc will put you right on that subject)
Your TT, did it have any kind of suspension adjustment?? If so you *may* want to look for a GTD with ACC.
Check the outer seat bolster on both front passenger and driver seats for water drip marks from top edge of doors, something I neglected to do but both my doors have leaked (are leaking? haven't had any rain for ages to tell!) and both bolsters are marked and will be bought to attention of dealer at service time. :angry:

Back to the DPF, I'll assume you do a fair bit of - shall we say - spirited driving, :rolleyes: therefore you should have no worries re regeneration of the filter..... but if you re-map the car, then you may remove it etc etc....

Good luck with your search  :smiley:
Mk VI Black Pearl GTD.... No Frills, replaced a Black Pearl PD150 Bora, which in turn replaced a Dragon Green VR6 which followed a Dusty Mauve MK III 8v Gti.