Author Topic: big bumper colour coding - to fog or not to fog  (Read 991 times)

Offline acko

• Not said much yet
big bumper colour coding - to fog or not to fog
« on: 14 April 2005, 22:32 »
that is the question.....

I have big bumpers in plain black on a tornado red mk2 driver. I am going to colour code them but have a few options.

1. Put fogs in as they are relatively cheap now.
2. smooth over the foglamp recess
3. just paint them as is with the fog holes uncut as they are at the moment.

I am thinking 1. as I like the look of the fogs but i was wondering how good do they look when fitted as aftermarket items. By this I mean do they sit in the apperture well as I have seen some which just look a bit...'wrong'. Also will I have any prolems with wiring. I know the loom is supposed to be there to plug and go but does this apply to non gti models? mine is a 1990 driver.

Has anyone on here smoothed the foglight aperture or seen it done? Pics would be an absolute bonus!

Also while i'm ranting about my front bumper...

I have the deep gti two piece front splitter. Is it just me or is this an absolute b!tch to get off. i can't seem to unclip it and actually teared the plastic of it trying to do so (well I have been sculpting my guns recently!) While I have my bumper off i may choose to put a new smaller splitter on as my car is quite low and multistorey car parks have been an enemy of mine for some time now  :angry:. Are these available from the usual places? (gsf etc)

Danke

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Re: big bumper colour coding - to fog or not to fog
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2005, 23:10 »
crystal fog it out :cool:
:)

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
Re: big bumper colour coding - to fog or not to fog
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2005, 23:15 »
you can get the bottom splitter from most places but non-genuine wont fit as well as genuine.
you'll need the bit of wiring linking the two fogs to the rest of the loom which normally runs up one chassis leg, under the scuttle and down the other chassis leg. it plugs in below the expansion tank.
to get the splitter off you can unclip the bits from the back which might make it easier but they are tight!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe