Author Topic: German style number plates  (Read 4001 times)

Offline iainr

• Not said much yet
Re: German style number plates
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2005, 02:39 »
Any photos of people with yellow back plates?

Here you go mate:

Not great pics, but all my decent ones are of the front! Funny, never really thought about it before (I think I'm probably a bit embarassed about the (cough) size of my exhaust (cough)

Offline Splinter

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 19 April 2005, 10:28 »
Around here (Buxton, Derbyshire) you'd get pulled within a mile with them plates, and a £30 fine.

Bloody Omega traffic police are so strict, and they got number plate recognition in the car scanning EVERY nearby vehicle (front & back cameras!) which wouldn't read the plates so they'd be straight after you.

Depends on what area you live in, but I wouldn't risk the plates on the back (as that's where the copper is more likely to be following you from) but just the front where they got less chance of pulling you over.
" Do it today, Don't wait until tomorrow "

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 19 April 2005, 15:45 »
Hi all.. I'm also getting some german plates and have used euro-tags a couple of times.1st was for the WOB number plate and autohaus wolfsburg frame.worked out £12 including shipping.
Mine took about 10 days IIRC. Very pleased with 'em, too. Would definitely recommend germanplates over Dubmeister, who don't seem to ever answer emails (even when you want to spend £600 on wheels, let alone the plates ). Much cheaper, too - although they only do plain black plate holders, not the (really expensive) ones with "autohaus wolfsburg" or whatever printed on them.

Have since bought 3 more "autohaus wolfsburg" frames,(see pic)

which worked out £7 each including shipping.I know Dubmeister charge £15 so its a right bargain.Tho he is expensive on the german style plates.IMO germanplates.com is the place for the german style plates and euro-tags for the frames..both accept paypal
Oh and if you go on his website and order a WOB plate for ur garage wall,read the small print,I ended up with a Munchen one... :angry:

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline acko

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2005, 23:46 »
Still waiting for my plates to arrive although I got an email from the dude with a nice pic of my plates so they must be on their way somewhere. He sent me a photo within 24 hours of me ordering. Good on those ruthlessly efficient germans!

I luve in nottingham or york so chances are i'll get pulled down here but York is so sleepy i don't think they know what policemen are yet! i'll keep a spare set in the boot so i can say i just been to a show or sumet, don't know if they'l buy it though! cheers for the piccy mate, glad i got the yellow one now!

Fielder5757

« Reply #14 on: 20 April 2005, 18:36 »
i take it that you have visited www.dubmeister.co.uk

Im thinking of the same idea right now too. Dont fancy a 30 quid fine :undecided:

Been there, Paid that :(