Author Topic: Discounts on Clubsport and R  (Read 3027 times)

Offline phope

• I live here
Discounts on Clubsport and R
« on: 08 June 2021, 16:06 »
Hello all

Haven't been on this forum on a while, but some random calls from dealers touting for business piqued my interest  :smiley:

Within the space of a couple of days, two separate dealerships I'd previously bought cars from cold-called me to see if I was interested in any new cars. Just so happens, I'd had a bit of good luck recently and had been thinking of treating myself to a Clubsport or R  :cool:

Not driving at present on medical grounds, but will be again in November which ties in with estimated current factory lead times

No PX. Looking at putting £8000 down at start, and with the specs I wanted, keeping payments no more than £340 on Clubsport and £370 on the R over 4 year, 10k miles

First dealership was suggesting 20-26 weeks for factory orders on Clubsport, Edition 45 (definitely longest lead time of the three) and R at present, and suggested discounts (including finance incentive) of around 14% were available on all three models.

Second dealership suggested much the same build periods, but was offering discounts of around 10% instead, including finance incentives.

Dealership A discounts are in line with what is being suggested when going through Drive The Deal, and dealership B discounts are in line when going on Carwow pricing - kept attempting to close down the conversation when pushed for more.

Before I take it any further, and also pester my local dealer what are other's experiences of recent offers % wise on factory orders?
« Last Edit: 08 June 2021, 16:09 by phope »
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Discounts on Clubsport and R
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2021, 17:58 »
Sounds exactly like the situation I was in. I’ve literally just put an order in for a CS45. Dealers had been phoning me out of the blue making offers on my current R. I’ve accepted £27k (I only paid £30k brand new) and they’re holding the valuation until whenever my 45 arrives. Estimated delivery of 31st October but I’m not really bothered when it arrives.
I managed to get a local dealer to match DTD on discount so a CS45, white with DCC for £35,250. Really couldn’t turn it down.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2021, 18:45 »
Dtd is still pretty much the cheapest price you will find. If a dealer is prepared to match it then they are probably desperate lol
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2021, 20:44 »
I’ve literally just put an order in for a CS45.

Ooohhh! Congrats!  :cool:

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 June 2021, 20:59 »
I’ve literally just put an order in for a CS45.

Ooohhh! Congrats!  :cool:

Thanks Andy! You know I’m a sucker for an anniversary gti. Everything just seemed to stack up out of nowhere. I’ll miss the R. It’s been phenomenal.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline battleshipgray

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 08 June 2021, 21:32 »
Hi all

Been yonks since I posted, can't believe how long. Thinking of changing the car soon and looking either at the Clubsport or an R. So this is really helpful in terms of lead times and possible discounts. Dealer has provisionally suggested lead times for both are about 4 months which I suspect is on the optimistic side.

Had to wait 6 months for my GTI last time around.

Gone: 2015 Mk 7 GTI, 5 door, Manual, Carbon Grey
2019, Mk 7.5 GTI Performance, 5 door, Manual, Indium Grey
2021, on order Mk 8R, Lapiz Blue

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2021, 21:42 »
I have time on my side, as have no car to part exchange or sell, with the likely timescales of 20-26 weeks suiting me just fine from a medical/DVLA perspective too.

The first caller was quite open about the potential for added delays also

Offline battleshipgray

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2021, 22:25 »
Glad that'll work out ok then - plus you have lots of anticipation time looking forward to it. All the sweeter when it arrives.
Gone: 2015 Mk 7 GTI, 5 door, Manual, Carbon Grey
2019, Mk 7.5 GTI Performance, 5 door, Manual, Indium Grey
2021, on order Mk 8R, Lapiz Blue

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2021, 22:38 »
I either work out the spec I want, order it now and sit back, or wait till I get the official go-ahead from DVLA and take my chances bargaining for new stock is available for immediate delivery in the final quarter of the year for dealers

My ideal spec is Oryx White, no sunroof, 19s, DCC, HK, winter pack & HUD. Maybe add the digital key for future proofing

Decisions....

Offline Sniffer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 08 June 2021, 23:11 »
I either work out the spec I want, order it now and sit back, or wait till I get the official go-ahead from DVLA and take my chances bargaining for new stock is available for immediate delivery in the final quarter of the year for dealers

My ideal spec is Oryx White, no sunroof, 19s, DCC, HK, winter pack & HUD. Maybe add the digital key for future proofing

Decisions....

What's happening to the Tiguan?
Long Since: 1981-84 Mk1 Golf GTI (Black);
Long Since: 1984-86 Mk 2 Golf GTI (White);
Long Since: 1986-88 Scirocco GTX (Graphite)
Gap - The Sensible Years (Mostly)
Gone: 2016-18 Mk 7 Golf GT TDI; (Silver)
Gone: 2018-20 Mk7.5 Golf GTI DSG (Red)
Gone: 2020 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (White)
Gone: 2021 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Pearl Black),19"Adelaides, Sports Susp and Winter Pack.
2024 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Kings Red), 19" Adelaides, Sports Susp, Winter Pack & Rear View Camera.