Author Topic: Mk8 gti ordering  (Read 43574 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Mk8 gti ordering
« Reply #300 on: 15 April 2021, 20:07 »
My brother’s GTI is finally being picked up on Tuesday. I’ll get some photos up.

I went into my local VW today and was able to have a good nosey at 2 Clubsports and numerous GTIs. All looked good.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #301 on: 15 April 2021, 20:36 »
My brother’s GTI is finally being picked up on Tuesday. I’ll get some photos up.

I went into my local VW today and was able to have a good nosey at 2 Clubsports and numerous GTIs. All looked good.

Nice

When did he order?

What dealer. I'd have nose too if near
« Last Edit: 15 April 2021, 20:59 by ash_rage »
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline Prospective

• Not said much yet
« Reply #302 on: 15 April 2021, 20:36 »
Just out of curiosity, has anyone got a Clubsport on order in which you ordered Jan/Feb?

I ordered late January and have just been given an unconfirmed build week 44 (November) :angry: - I was told by the dealer that it would be June delivery.

I know these are subject to change but build week 44 is a bit drastic and is swaying me more towards cancelling.

That's terrible, as I am thinking of placing an order but no way wanting to wait that long.

What's your spec? Is it something they cannot get hold of.

I placed my order 15th December 2020, Heard nothing, still "with the factory"
Dealer last month couldnt tell me when I would get the car so cancelled!

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #303 on: 15 April 2021, 21:18 »

Nice

When did he order?

What dealer. I'd have nose too if near

It was mid November! Crackers eh?

I went to Vw Blackburn. They had 2 Clubsports, 5 Gti’s and a couple of GTDs. Interesting also had a Tiguan R and Touareg R.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #304 on: 15 April 2021, 22:09 »
Just out of curiosity, has anyone got a Clubsport on order in which you ordered Jan/Feb?

I ordered late January and have just been given an unconfirmed build week 44 (November) :angry: - I was told by the dealer that it would be June delivery.

I know these are subject to change but build week 44 is a bit drastic and is swaying me more towards cancelling.
I was looking in Jan/Feb.  I was being quoted times of between June & August from dealers and being told that a mix of Covid and the semi-conductor shortage being the main culprits, so November is not entirely unrealistic.  Circumstances dictated that I was unable to wait that long, so I decided to go for a base-spec ClubSport and I have zero regrets.  The only thing I feel as though I am missing, with hindsight, is the HK sound.  I was going to spec DCC but, having now driven the Clubsport, aside from the 'cool-factor' of having the Nurburgring Mode, I really don't feel as though it would've been worthwhile as I feel the ride is good for me as it is.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline thronetm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #305 on: 16 April 2021, 00:09 »
Ordered Clubsport 2nd Feb taking delivery in 12 days time.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #306 on: 16 April 2021, 06:55 »
Ordered Clubsport 2nd Feb taking delivery in 12 days time.

That’s good, what was the spec?
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline thronetm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #307 on: 16 April 2021, 12:19 »
Adelaide alloys and Moonstone Grey. I reckon not taking anything else has helped me!!

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #308 on: 16 April 2021, 12:24 »
Ordered a Clubsport in Dolphin Grey, Adelaides, DCC, winter pack and reversing camera in the last week of January. Picking it up next Thursday