Author Topic: Mk8 gti ordering  (Read 44275 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Mk8 gti ordering
« Reply #30 on: 16 September 2020, 16:42 »
Curious to see offset on the 7.5 x 18 wheels has returned to mk5/6 ET51 instead of the 49mm of the mk7.
Wonder if that’s to do with aerodynamics? Yet the GTI now has 8” wide 19’s as an option which will sit circa 5mm further out than the previous generation 7.5x19 options offsetting any aero gains of the 18” wheels (but looking far far better).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 26 September 2020, 11:25 »
Now showing on Drive The Deal for cash purchase, no finance offers yet.

GTi approx 9% discount for cash purchase.

GTE approx 5% discount for cash purchase.

https://www.drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car/VOLKSWAGEN/GOLF%20HATCHBACK/index.html
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #32 on: 26 September 2020, 11:47 »
I guess 9% is too bad, was kinda hoping for more like 11% but lets see what VW offer as a deposit contribution, that might take it to somewhere better.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 26 September 2020, 12:34 »
The current price of the Golf Mk8 GTi is more expensive than expected.  With a similar option list compared to my current Golf R it is £6000+ more expensive than what I paid for my Golf R.  That is an insane mark up.  especially when you are comparing a MK8 Golf GTI to a MK7 Golf R.  I was so looking forward to the Golf R being released and was tempted to consider one when it was.  But now after seeing the price of the GTI, I am wondering if I should look elsewhere like Audi or BMW.  I specced up a Audi S3 the other day and it was a couple grand just under the price of the GTI I specced with similar options list. What are VW doing with their pricing mark up, when an Audi S3 can be specced at a lower price than a GTI?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 26 September 2020, 15:00 »
When my old gti was stolen I bought an S3 because it was cheaper on finance pm than the 7.5 gti. Mental.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 26 September 2020, 15:12 »
The current price of the Golf Mk8 GTi is more expensive than expected.  With a similar option list compared to my current Golf R it is £6000+ more expensive than what I paid for my Golf R.  That is an insane mark up.  especially when you are comparing a MK8 Golf GTI to a MK7 Golf R.  I was so looking forward to the Golf R being released and was tempted to consider one when it was.  But now after seeing the price of the GTI, I am wondering if I should look elsewhere like Audi or BMW.  I specced up a Audi S3 the other day and it was a couple grand just under the price of the GTI I specced with similar options list. What are VW doing with their pricing mark up, when an Audi S3 can be specced at a lower price than a GTI?

Prices are ridiculous now.

In May 2017 I paid £27,615 for a Golf R 310 3dr DSG in Lapiz Blue. It had a Rear view camera, Black door mirrors & 90% tinted glass. I really wish I hadn't sold it a year later.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 26 September 2020, 16:02 »

In May 2017 I paid £27,615 for a Golf R 310 3dr DSG in Lapiz Blue. It had a Rear view camera, Black door mirrors & 90% tinted glass. I really wish I hadn't sold it a year later.

To be fair, you got a really great deal there. Even back then that was almost a £35k car with options, so you got almost 20% discount if it was brand new.
7.5 GTD

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #37 on: 26 September 2020, 17:34 »

To be fair, you got a really great deal there. Even back then that was almost a £35k car with options, so you got almost 20% discount if it was brand new.

That's true. But even with ordinary discounts you could get one for £30K easily. Will have to compare like for like I guess when the car is launched and discounts are offered.

It was a new factory order.
« Last Edit: 26 September 2020, 17:38 by master_hayabusa »

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 01 October 2020, 22:56 »
I appreciate this won't interest everyone, but details of UK pricing for the Skoda Octavia vRS have sneaked out on another forum;-

The all-new OCTAVIA vRS 2.0 TSI 245PS DSG will be available for customer ordering from Tuesday 27 October.

More engines will be introduced on vRS later this year, including a 2.0 TSI 245PS manual, 2.0 TDI 200PS DSG and DSG 4x4, plus the plug-in hybrid vRS iV with a 1.4 TSI iV 245PS DSG.

The 2.0TSi 245PS DSG Hatchback is available from £31495 OTR and the Estate from £32695 OTR.

The all new OCTAVIA vRS standard specification will include:

19-inch Altair anthracite alloy wheels, Full LED Matrix headlights with AFS (adaptive front light system), Exterior gloss black sports styling including front grille, side strip, window surrounds, door mirrors and badging, Rear privacy glass, Electrically operated boot, vRS exterior design – vRS bumpers and lip spoiler (hatch only), and red brake calipers, Chrome exhaust tailpipes, Black vRS sports upholstery with red stitching, Black headlining, Front heated seats, Three-spoke leather sports multi-function steering wheel with paddles for DSG, Carbon optic decorative inserts, Alcantara padded dash panel with contrast stitching, LED interior light pack (ambient lighting), Aluminium pedals, Columbus satellite navigation with 10-inch touchscreen display, Sports suspension (15mm lower than standard OCTAVIA, excludes vRS iV), Front and rear parking sensors with manoeuvre assist, Adaptive cruise control, Progressive dynamic steering, Keyless entry and start/stop including rear doors.

Meteor Grey Special Paint is a No Cost Option.

Chargeable Options available at launch include:

Metallic, Pearl and Special Paint £595

Exclusive Paint £975

Dynamic chassis control (DCC) including performance mode select £925

Virtual pedal (Enables touch-free boot opening via a motion sensor under the rear bumper. If the system identifies the authorised key and detects the 'kick' motion, the boot will open. Includes electrically operated boot functionality. Includes rear LED lights (high functionality) and dynamic indicators and power-operated child safety locks) £580

Temporary space-saver spare wheel including 125/70 R18 tyre £180

Integrated tow bar with adapter (The tow bar can be easily released from the boot and folded away after use. Includes preparation of the following vehicle systems for optimised operation whilst towing: alternator, battery, fan and cooling system) £955

Rear window wiper FOC

Simply clever pack - Includes a double sided boot floor, a media holder and a waste bin £95

CANTON Sound System (This sound system delivers a total output of 610W and features a 10 channel digital amplifier and 12 speakers: 6 front, 4 rear, 1 in the dashboard and a 200W subwoofer in the boot. Includes 12 pre-set sound profiles, vehicle noise cancellation and 3D surround sound. Delivers Dolby 5.1 surround sound when combined with Columbus satellite navigation system. Only in combination with Electrically Operated Boot or Virtual Pedal and temporary steel space saver spare wheel) £685

Wireless charging £325

Rear-view parking camera Including rear LED lights (high functionality) and dynamic indicators £595

Park assist (Parks the car in parallel or bay spaces) £345

Head-up display £690

Driver fatigue sensor£45

Winter pack - Includes heated steering wheel, heated windscreen and heated windscreen washer nozzles. £340

Crew protect assist and side airbags (front and rear), curtain airbags and front centre airbag (Senses when an impact is imminent and closes windows and sunroof to protect the passengers from objects entering the car as well as tightening the seatbelts ensuring occupants are in the safest possible position) £665

Prices and specification correct as at 29th September 2020

https://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/new-vehicles/skoda-octavia-2020/
« Last Edit: 05 October 2020, 22:57 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 02 October 2020, 15:08 »
I guess 9% is too bad, was kinda hoping for more like 11% but lets see what VW offer as a deposit contribution, that might take it to somewhere better.

Now offering 11% discount, but no news on finance contributions  :whistle:
7.5 GTD