Author Topic: GTI CS Oryx White pictures  (Read 2088 times)

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
GTI CS Oryx White pictures
« on: 13 April 2021, 20:51 »
Hi all,

I'm waiting for my Clubsport in Oryx White mother-of-pearl with 19" 'Estoril' black diamond alloys.

Does anyone have any pictures of it in that colour and even better with those alloys.

Just want to stare at pictures of whilst I wait another 15 weeks!

Can't wait
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: GTI CS Oryx White pictures
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2021, 20:57 »
I don't think any clubby has been delivered yet other than the initial dealer stock. Might be a few weeks before you see one like that. Oryx is super expensive too, not many will order that.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2021, 21:06 »
Oh I didn’t know that. Assumed there were plenty around

Well was worth asking and hoping.

I think it looks great. Can’t wait.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2021, 21:33 »
It’s not oryx but does have estorils https://youtu.be/SsrdtcuxCH4
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2021, 08:16 »
Thanks

This one is good too

https://youtu.be/xqoFvzf13vo

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2021, 08:33 »
I have had a MK7 GTI and Golf R in Oryx White, pictures will not capture or do it justice any way.  Oryx White is super hard to take photos and not have it look like Pure White in the photos.  However the effect of Oryx in certain light is awesome and will stand out.  But in other duller or brighter light it can lose the pearl effect a little. But if available on the model of Golf I go for next I will definitely order Oryx White again.

Hope you enjoy the new car.    :wink:

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 15 April 2021, 22:24 »
As already said, pictures will not do Oryx White justice and, in the right conditions, it looks amazing but, additionally, there are two main factors to take into account. 

One, 80% of the British weather is grey.  If I lived in a sunny country or at least a country that has actual seasons, then I would go for pearl white paint as that's where you get the best from it.  As soon as you get any kind of cloud, the car just looks like a dirty off-white. 

Secondly, you have to keep the paint really clean.  Again, any kind of obvious visible dirt anywhere on the car - I know mine accumulates dirt quick up the back and on the top of the rear bumper - and it makes the whole car look as though it is just unwashed white.

In perfect conditions, it is really nice but, on an everyday driver in the UK, it's really not that great, in my opinion.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 16 April 2021, 09:11 »
As already said, pictures will not do Oryx White justice and, in the right conditions, it looks amazing but, additionally, there are two main factors to take into account. 

One, 80% of the British weather is grey.  If I lived in a sunny country or at least a country that has actual seasons, then I would go for pearl white paint as that's where you get the best from it.  As soon as you get any kind of cloud, the car just looks like a dirty off-white. 

Secondly, you have to keep the paint really clean.  Again, any kind of obvious visible dirt anywhere on the car - I know mine accumulates dirt quick up the back and on the top of the rear bumper - and it makes the whole car look as though it is just unwashed white.

In perfect conditions, it is really nice but, on an everyday driver in the UK, it's really not that great, in my opinion.

Appreciate its subjective however someone has a Golf at work in the same colour and everyday I walk past it regardless of weather it looks great

I’ve had white cars before so see where you are coming from bout it getting dirty