Author Topic: Mid life crisis over now back to my happy place  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Mid life crisis over now back to my happy place
« Reply #10 on: 30 July 2023, 22:54 »
Welcome back Gt11DOD, you’ve seen the light.
No harm in exploring pastures new once in a while with cars. You live and learn. For many of us a Golf is “home” but there’s nowt wrong with an occasional holiday!

Golf R’s are fantastic by the way. I had one for 18 months and thought it was great. I’m a GTI guy at heart but would certainly have another R. Everyone should own an R at some point in their lives.
Owning a Mercedes Cab is however a crime, unless you’re a 60 something female with a fat income, but that’s a whole different story…  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gt11DOD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 31 July 2023, 19:07 »
I have indeed seen the light and have learnt my lesson once and for all  :grin:

I’m not 60 and only female on weekends to be fair   :laugh: :whistle: :laugh: But I should never have strayed and have decided to go to Wolfsburg and ask forgiveness I hope they go easy on me at the factory.

Glad you annoyed the R I’m looking forward to collecting it this weekend I just hope we actually get a summer to enjoy it rather than all this pishy rain!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 01 August 2023, 18:12 »
An R can handle a bit of piffling rain, it won’t need a summer and that’s just as well looking at the forecast!
Mind you the shiny clean paintwork won’t stay that way very long.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner