Poll

What streaming/download service are you using?

Apple Music
10 (27.8%)
Spotify
9 (25%)
Amazon
4 (11.1%)
YouTube/Google Play
0 (0%)
Deezer
1 (2.8%)
Tidal
1 (2.8%)
Don’t use CarPlay
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: CarPlay poll  (Read 2712 times)

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
Re: CarPlay poll
« Reply #10 on: 14 January 2020, 07:38 »
CDs anyone?

Err it’s 2020...  :laugh:

I say CDs as its difficult to get a car with a cassette player these days. Even vinyl is coming back into fashion :smiley:

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 January 2020, 12:58 »
The main problem with CarPlay is it turns off the Bluetooth so you can only have one phone (I have a work and private phones)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 14 January 2020, 19:59 »
The main problem with CarPlay is it turns off the Bluetooth so you can only have one phone (I have a work and private phones)

Connect your personal phone. Switch the work one off - sorted.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline GTI_Scott

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 15 January 2020, 12:55 »
I used to use Deezer, but after a long suffering issue with their Flow system, which is supposed to suggest new music based on the artists you already like / listen to, I found too many times were artists I hated being suggested time and time again, to the point where I raised it as a support request on their forums, and even Deezer themselves admitted that the Flow feature did not really work.  Switched to Spotify and have had a great user experience ever since.
VW Golf GTI Mk 7.5, 5dr Manual

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 15 January 2020, 13:00 »
Yep that’s where Spotify excels and beats them all. I may stick with Apple due to better audio quality over CarPlay and the eco system, ie I have Apple Watch, iPhone Pro and a Mac too.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 15 January 2020, 16:29 »
Can't be arsed with all this carplay, iPhone, Spotify,etc etc bo44ocks. I'll either listen to the wireless or stick some music on an SD card (dab wireless obviously)  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 15 January 2020, 16:45 »
To be honest about 80-90% of the time I'm listening to on-line Radio stations (i.e internet) in the car via the Tune-In Radio app running under either Android Auto or Apple Carplay depending on if I have my personal phone (Galaxy S9) or my works Phone (Iphone XR) connected at the time. It is a pain that using one or the other disconnects the other phone from the bluetooth system though.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 15 January 2020, 17:23 »
Can't be arsed with all this carplay, iPhone, Spotify,etc etc bo44ocks. I'll either listen to the wireless or stick some music on an SD card (dab wireless obviously)  :grin:

So you’re not interested in 50,000,000 songs available at the touch of a button (to activate Siri and ask it to play whatever song you like), or having your entire music collection available on all devices including the car, or choose to listen to any number of preset playlists (or create your own), or listen to numerous radio stations ad-free, or have the choice of superior SatNav systems with live traffic data, delay rerouting, police & speed trap warnings & pot hole warnings?

Each to their own I guess. Major plus point of the GTI over my previous car as far as I’m concerned. 😬
« Last Edit: 15 January 2020, 17:29 by Mutley75 »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #18 on: 15 January 2020, 17:41 »
I like a bit of tech, I like car and phone integration - I like it a lot. (ok not Apple but...)

I don't care much for the music services though as despite loving music/podcasts a lot I find the same problem with audio streaming as video streaming - too much choice.

I hate NetFlix (et all) and use broadcast TV just so I haven't spent all night browsing and watched nothing

Having less is actually better for me - I choose from the stuff on my SD card(s) (I have 2 in my NavPro) and change the contents as I like.

Or listen to the radio... ie someone else's playlist!

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 15 January 2020, 18:04 »

So you’re not interested in 50,000,000 songs available at the touch of a button (to activate Siri and ask it to play whatever song you like), or having your entire music collection available on all devices including the car, or choose to listen to any number of preset playlists (or create your own), or listen to numerous radio stations ad-free, or have the choice of superior SatNav systems with live traffic data, delay rerouting, police & speed trap warnings & pot hole warnings?

Each to their own I guess. Major plus point of the GTI over my previous car as far as I’m concerned. 😬
yeah couldn't give a monkeys 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.