Author Topic: Bluetooth and radio issue.  (Read 532 times)

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
Bluetooth and radio issue.
« on: 13 October 2022, 12:06 »
Afternoon.

This started yesterday. When travelling I listen to the radio or music on my SD card. When I want to access my playlist on Spotify
I go thru Bluetooth audio. Everything works as it should. Yesterday afternoon I set off from work, Talksport on the radio, as soon as my phone connects it mutes the radio. Switch off bluetooth on my phone, unmutes the radio. Turn it on, mutes the radio. I don't know why after 6 years of ownership,(weirdly to the day),this is happening.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Gulf.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline sjw

• I live here
Re: Bluetooth and radio issue.
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2022, 12:12 »
The GTI exhibits weird behaviour on bluetooth play/pause in that it mutes the audio as well. I would wager that this is actually a phone issue, and your phone media player has got itself in a bit of a tizz and doesn't know if it's playing or not. Reboot your phone and have another look :)

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2022, 12:16 »
Good plan.. Lunchtime will give that a go and report back.

Cheers

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2022, 13:01 »
The GTI exhibits weird behaviour on bluetooth play/pause in that it mutes the audio as well. I would wager that this is actually a phone issue, and your phone media player has got itself in a bit of a tizz and doesn't know if it's playing or not. Reboot your phone and have another look :)

Genius. Today you win the Internet. Back to normal. Turn it off and on again, You don't work in I.T by any chance.?

Cheers

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2022, 14:25 »
 :smiley: :smiley: