Author Topic: Where else to look for a GTI?  (Read 11108 times)

Offline Madmax

• I live here
Where else to look for a GTI?
« on: 18 September 2007, 16:09 »
Typical, before i had the money for a Golf, the 3 door GTI's where popping up everywhere, now i have the money
there's non, they're either a 5 door, a bright red/blue colour, too far or too expensive lol.
I'm trying ebay, autotrader, exchange & mart, Fish 4 cars, Pistion heads.

I've just under £3900 to spend & want a dark Golf like grey, black or blue.

Anymore decent sites or will i just have to hold tight?

Cheers. :)

Offline vwkevgti

• GTI forum regular
Re: Where else to look for a GTI?
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2007, 17:13 »
hold tight mate you dont wanna rush in there and and up with some thing  your not sure on i waited 7 weeks to find my golf gti 3dr.and traveled 100 miles to get it make sure you look on the buying guide as well and find out if the power windows have been done mine hadnt and the drivers window fell in to the door well after 2 weeks of owning it 33 quid to put right.and i had to take the panel of the boot lid to put the washer hose back on it was just filling the boot lid up with washer fluid  and my starter motor make a really foul noise when you start the car thats an other annoyance . not massive problems but you really dont want to be sheding out on a car you just payed 4 grand for but you will find one just hang in there
kev  :cool:

Offline Madmax

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2007, 17:19 »
Cheers mate, i'm very impatient but i'll try to hold on.
I can't really travel far tho & this is the thing why not alot come up.
I'll keep in mind those things you've said as i know a car i was
going to see had the window fall in, so it's obviously common then.

I'll keep my eyes peeled, hopefully it will be soon tho. :)

Chris.
« Last Edit: 18 September 2007, 17:29 by Madmax »

Offline lewisgraham

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2007, 20:46 »
i maby sound like a prick here but if you want a car with a certain spec for gods sake travel for it ! i traveld for my 1st car a peugeot 306 hdi 2 hours and my golf gt tdi just over 2 hours either way and its the best thing i have done !
nothing was coming up local and if it was it was way over priced !

Offline Madmax

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2007, 21:12 »
Alot of people travel far for a vehicle yes but there's quite a few reasons why i won't travel very far including walking around with 4k cash in my pocket
& if the car turns out to be a heap of rubbish or you noticed someone they didn't tell you about.

Even upto 50 odd miles out i still can't find anything & i'm in South London.

Offline lewisgraham

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2007, 21:38 »
i sold my 306 and about 2 months later i found a golf down in birmingham "i live in south scotland" i set off down and 3 1/2-4 hours later i got there and it was a scam they were a bunch of indians ringing cars and i turned up with about 7k cash !
so it was a day wasted but you never find out till you go in the end i went to north of glasgow and the sale was so genuine it was a private sale and the woman gave me the keys and told me to take it out for a drive without even asking for a thing or even wanting to come with me....... :shocked:
you win some you loose some  :grin:

Offline Madmax

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2007, 23:10 »
i sold my 306 and about 2 months later i found a golf down in birmingham "i live in south scotland" i set off down and 3 1/2-4 hours later i got there and it was a scam they were a bunch of indians ringing cars and i turned up with about 7k cash !
so it was a day wasted but you never find out till you go in the end i went to north of glasgow and the sale was so genuine it was a private sale and the woman gave me the keys and told me to take it out for a drive without even asking for a thing or even wanting to come with me....... :shocked:
you win some you loose some  :grin:

That's mad, feel for you tho. But you're right about you won't know unless you go. Good on ya for traveling the distance tho.
Glad you found the car in the end. :evil:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #7 on: 19 September 2007, 11:08 »
One of the VERY few advantages of living in London, always LOADS of cars knocking about.

Good luck hunting :)

R98 HUF

« Reply #8 on: 19 September 2007, 12:25 »
just keep looking Autotrader pistonheads ebay ex and mart etc etc etc

theres also all the other VW forum!!!!!

giffy1988

« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2007, 19:39 »
where u from dude? iv seen a ed 1.8t 110k in red 3door for 3995 s reg (dunno if good or bad) im in margate,kent.