Author Topic: Bypassed my n249 however.........*Worrying issue, need your input please*  (Read 11042 times)

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
and get a forge actuator

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline Nino

• I live here
and get a forge actuator

All in good time not needed atm :)
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
i know...im just planting the seed  :grin:

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Do you know anyone with a forge d/v you can test on your car? Would be an easy/quick way to eliminate or confirm the d/v as being the issue.

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
Nino,

I know you think that things are there for a reason, but seriously do the SAI delete and the N249 and N112 it'll really eliminate most of the problems that can cause the issue you seem to be having.

The car feels better now you said after doing the bypass, do the deletes and it'll feel better still..... and give you much more space in the engine bay
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline Nino

• I live here
I will delete them defo when i can ive been out there an hour and first i put my oem DV on, noise was quieter but still there, so next i checked my forge DV and all seemed fine. So i have moved the DV line now its now Teed off the one way valve and i have kept the boost gauge on the FPR made sure all my pipes where only as long as they needed to be and ensured i double zip tied every possible place that they connected.

Took her for a test drive and the flutter is there BUT no-where near as loud i fact its more of a tssssh now than a flutter at all and it does not always flutter example if i floor it over 4k it does not flutter at all now just tssssssh only flutters if i realease between 2.5-3k revs

I dnt think the problem is totally gone but it is better so i am hoping shes ok to drive now.  :undecided:
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door