Author Topic: Bypassed my n249 however.........*Worrying issue, need your input please*  (Read 11043 times)

Offline Nino

• I live here
Hey Guys, Need abit of advice please I think I may have just done something alittle wrong so bare with me :)

Today after I finished work I decided to follow Bav's guide,
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=113646.0
On bypassing the n249 in a hope that this would help my car hold boost better and help rid of my pesky 17705!  :angry: as there is litrally nothing else I can change/do that I haven't already done, below are pictures of what I have done, if you guys could take alook just to make sure I didn't get something wrong? :)
After the pics there is a reason to this topic I promiss.  :wink:

This is what I did to the back plate as per Bav's guide.

As Bav's guide says, I fed the top hose from the "1 way valve" onto the inlet & then put the hose coming off the side of the n112 onto the metal tube that connects to the secondary air intake.

Next I changed the braded pipe that was on my fuel reg to a silicone one and fed my both T parts off it, 1 going to my Boost pod, and the other one to my DV (Forge 007p) then the other end of the pipe feeding into the other tube on my inlet.

Removed the black reservoir that sits ontop of coil 4 and blocked up the two metal pipes with the bolts from it :)

Then I put everything back together and Plugged the two electronic back on. one onto the n112 and the other to the n249 (even though there isn't anything plugged into it anymore)

Afterwards I took the car for a test drive and I was shocked by the difference, the car 100% pulls better and feels to hold boost a hell of alot smoother than before I really could not beleave the difference, however this is where my worrying comes as well as my questions.

Before I did this my DV (Forge 007p) would make a Tsssssssh sound as it is supposed to, however since doing this mod it now (as well as) making the Tsssssssh noise it is also making a Flutter noise, I must stress that my car is not mapped, and my DV has the standard spring, also the car is not loosing any power nor has any codes since I cleared my 17705 two days ago popped up.

My questions are:
  • Is it normal for the DV to make a flutter noise as well as a Tsssssssh after doing this mod?
  • Why must I reconnect the Electronic connector to the N249 if there is nothing plugged into it?
  • Is it just doing this while the car learns the changes? as BaV's guide said the car needs to learn the change.

Sorry for the essay but I am worried now  :undecided:
Many Thanks, awaiting your reply's,
Nino :)
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
When I did the bypass it didn't affect the noise of my d/v. You need to keep them valves plugged in or solder a resistor in place to prevent a fault code from being thrown up.

As Rhyso said in a recent thread, the 17705 fault can sometimes be a software issue that can only be resolved my mapping in a software patch.

Offline Nino

• I live here
Thanks for your reply Dom, would you say I need to be alarmed by the flutter?  :undecided:
Edit: and is everything I did correct?
« Last Edit: 18 April 2013, 22:05 by Nino »
VW Car history
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door

Offline Nino

• I live here
Btw this is the noise im getting. (Not my car btw)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_NB935OPMY
VW Car history
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
i dont understand why it would say that as you have done everything as per the guide  :undecided:

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline Nino

• I live here
Thanks Dom, already read them, seems ive ether got a faulty DV (highly unlikely) or the sound is coming from my Cone? again highly doubtful I think I might have to reverse this, unless it is because I have fed too much off the FPR?  :huh:
VW Car history
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
yeh i would change your T for the boost gauge up near the DV, also that flutter noise, im wondering if its because theres so much more pressure being shunted that the DV normal spring isnt working as it should? maybe the next spring up?  :undecided:

i recon giving Rtech a call wont be amiss either tbh with you, they may know the answer straight up as they deal with this all the time surely?

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline Scott D

• I live here
DV sounded different after I bypassed it, sounded a lot sharper and quicker but no fluttering.
2003 1.8T GTI 180 - APR Stage I, S2000 Filter, R-Tech Supersize TIP, Bilstein B12 Suspension, 18" OZ Superleggera, Recaro Heated Leathers, US Spec Rear Lights, N249/SAI/PCV Delete

1.8T AUQ - 241bhp & 286 ft-lb
R-Tech Map, Forge FMIC, SFS Oversized TIP, Ported Manifold, Milltek Turboback non res exhaust, Forge 007p, N249 & N112 delete, SAI delete, S2000 Air Filter, Sachs clutch & Lightweight Flywheel

Offline Nino

• I live here
Oh god what have I done :( i need this car to run as its my daily Im worried I shouldn't drive it to work tomorrow now incase I break something....
VW Car history
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door