Author Topic: HIC - If you want a HIC insurance quote, please read....  (Read 108521 times)

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: If you want a HIC insurance Quote, please read....
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2007, 23:08 »
how much would a fully comp be for prov driver on a p reg 2.0 8v with factory alarm/ imo

oops musta missed this post, assuming its a gti im afraid it would not be possible with us, usually need a full uk licence for a couple of years for a gti  :sad:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #11 on: 21 March 2007, 23:10 »
Martin what is the difference roughly in price between a 1.8 16v and 2l bottom end? will I have to remortgage?

should not be too bad as we rate on the group of the donor engine and there is only a couple of groups difference between the 1.8 and 2.0, see here for a rough guide to the groups: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=51792.0  :smiley:

Offline *Dubby*

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 28 March 2007, 18:58 »
I've just insured my 'rado with you  :smiley::nerd:
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #13 on: 28 March 2007, 23:22 »
Wicked!!! You didnt speak to me tho... :cry:

Glad you got it sorted, hope they did you a good deal!!  :cool: :wink:

Offline *Dubby*

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 29 March 2007, 14:52 »
Wicked!!! You didnt speak to me tho... :cry:

Glad you got it sorted, hope they did you a good deal!!  :cool: :wink:

No, I rang the spethal number and spoke to Tim....

£301 fully comp, plus the interest on it monthly, which was much better than elephant  :cool:
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #15 on: 29 March 2007, 22:21 »
fair play, it was well busy weds night so prob would have had to hold for me and Tims a top bloke anyway...a wanabee dubber just without the dub yet!  :cool:

similar to what im paying for mine but mines just a 16v!

Offline NixGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 22 April 2007, 21:39 »
If you and adrian are sisters.... :huh: how come I got a quote for fully comp from adrian for 600, and 1000 from HIC? granted I haven't found out about your discounts, unless you wanna offer 50% off?
 :grin:

Offline Mirage-

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 23 April 2007, 13:28 »
With Adrian flux my premium @ 24 year old + 3 years NCB on the 1.8 8v Gti was roughly £700 tpft

Renewed with MartinB/HIC and it dropped to £405 tpft @ 25 year old + 4 year NCB....

This year... renewal quote from HIC - 26 years old, 5 years NCB - £280!!! HIC does it again  :grin: :grin:

Cheers Martin/HIC

Ian

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #18 on: 26 April 2007, 15:51 »
If you and adrian are sisters.... :huh: how come I got a quote for fully comp from adrian for 600, and 1000 from HIC? granted I haven't found out about your discounts, unless you wanna offer 50% off?
 :grin:

The fact we are sister companies means nothing more than that we are two seperate companies owned by the same person and we try not to compete with each others existing customers due for renewal. We both have different schemes available so sometimes we are better sometimes they are, depends on the scheme. TBH you could probably ring 20 different brokers and get 20 different quotes which were all underwritten by the same company as our underwriters give schemes/rates based on our target customers, how profitable our account is, how much business we place with them, number of claims etc etc.

Martin  :smiley:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #19 on: 26 April 2007, 15:52 »
With Adrian flux my premium @ 24 year old + 3 years NCB on the 1.8 8v Gti was roughly £700 tpft

Renewed with MartinB/HIC and it dropped to £405 tpft @ 25 year old + 4 year NCB....

This year... renewal quote from HIC - 26 years old, 5 years NCB - £280!!! HIC does it again  :grin: :grin:

Cheers Martin/HIC

Ian

Wicked, glad you got a good deal again this year Ian  :smiley: