Author Topic: Drivers window open in morning.  (Read 727 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
Drivers window open in morning.
« on: 10 September 2021, 20:15 »
Looked out the window this morning and to my surprise the drivers window on my car was fully open!

Fortunately it hadn't rained but it was definitely all locked and shut up the night before, surprised the alarm didn't go off really.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Anyone have any advice on what might have caused it and what I should check?
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

VW_Golf_nut

Re: Drivers window open in morning.
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2021, 21:39 »
Looked out the window this morning and to my surprise the drivers window on my car was fully open!

Fortunately it hadn't rained but it was definitely all locked and shut up the night before, surprised the alarm didn't go off really.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Anyone have any advice on what might have caused it and what I should check?

Yes, I had this on a Mk6 Golf (And it rained heavily!) Beleiv the dealer disabled convenience opening, however, sure that was an easy route to avoid looking into the actual issue.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2021, 09:44 »
My daughter had this on her Leon. We sorted it by disconnecting the battery for an hour. Seemed to reset the controller. Get Christmas tree lights on the dash after until start up and drive. Might be worth a try.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2021, 23:12 »
Thankyou for your input, i have now disabled convenience opening via obdeleven as I never used it anyway and will disconnect the battery when I get time to hopefully reset everything. Fingers crossed!
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1