Author Topic: GTI Review and links.  (Read 314896 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: New GTI Reviews?
« Reply #20 on: 20 April 2013, 19:19 »

The Mk7 GTi is better in almost every way than the MK 6

Great finds on the reviews. The above quote is good enough for me!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 20 April 2013, 20:52 »
Exactly why I've gone for the GTD. I found my previous 2012 Scirocco 2.0 Tsi DSG boring and I'm sure the latest Golf GTI will be the same. My opinion sorry. It's not an exciting engine
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 20 April 2013, 21:35 »
Exactly why I've gone for the GTD. I found my previous 2012 Scirocco 2.0 Tsi DSG boring and I'm sure the latest Golf GTI will be the same. My opinion sorry. It's not an exciting engine

Because the slower diesel will be better??  ;D  The ONLY reason imo that anyone would go for a GTD over a GTI is economy which is no bad thing but buying a diesel because you think the petrol engine is boring is daft! Perhaps a different marque would have been better? And cheaper!
« Last Edit: 20 April 2013, 21:42 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #23 on: 20 April 2013, 23:00 »
Diseasal drivers saying that petrol engines are boring?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Go and chuck some soot.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 20 April 2013, 23:08 »
I hope this thread doesn't detract and become a discussion about diesel vs petrol. I'm more interested in member views on the points highlighted in quotes from the reviews please.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 20 April 2013, 23:12 »
You are of course entitled to your opinion, which is why you're purchasing the diesel. But saying the GTD will be more exciting than the GTI is the funniest thing I've heard in ages  :grin: :grin:

Back on topic, you could call most cars boring and lacking in excitement if you wanted to find an angle to support that theory.  A 911 C4 is dull as you like compared to a 911 C2 because the 4 wheel drive makes it 'too safe' as the car corrects nearly every driver error.....But it's still an awesome car!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 20 April 2013, 23:45 »
How many of us are driving these cars to the limit like evo testers. If we want our 'back ends' sliding out round roundabouts, we'll buy a cater ham, or a vauxhall.  It seems as tho th new golf does everything I want it to, and the alternatives for the money don't.

Running Man

« Reply #27 on: 21 April 2013, 05:47 »
wow he touched a raw nerve with you lot  :grin:

glad I decided not to order one, EVO know whats great and what does not hit the sweet spot of fun. the mark 7 GTI is going too be good but not great  :wink:

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 21 April 2013, 06:27 »

glad I decided not to order one, EVO know whats great and what does not hit the sweet spot of fun. the mark 7 GTI is going too be good but not great  :wink:

I live my life between 1-3k revs which is where my Sciricco was boring and the GTD will flourish.  Have any of you lived with big power diesels?
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline Squit

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 21 April 2013, 08:04 »

I live my life between 1-3k revs which is where my Sciricco was boring and the GTD will flourish.  Have any of you lived with big power diesels?

Big power diesels? What's that got to do with the GTD?  :evil: