Author Topic: Edition 35 is here!  (Read 50651 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: Edition 35 is here!
« Reply #10 on: 02 September 2011, 12:54 »
Bloody hell! I've just specced an Edition 35 to the same as my current GTI and it gave me a price of £31,994  :huh: VW pricing has gone mental, for that I might just as well purchase an R which would at least give me Awd for my money.

Sorry VW as much as I quite like the idea of the newest model out there, I shall be keeping my hands deep within my pockets, this car to me is just not worth nearly £32 grand.

I shall hang on and see what the mk7 GTI looks like or move on to another brand - dare I say Audi  :wink:

Gizzy

I have to agree with you. the gti used to be in the 20k bracket... its now much higher at the 30k price range. Not many will look at what you can have for 30k in the used market.... but if they did, the last place they would go is a vw showroom  :lipsrsealed:

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 02 September 2011, 13:01 »
The only thing that will put this on my driveway is a discount from list (or options for nothing) and a good trde in price for current mk6 GTi.

I'm hoping they can do something, as it will be our 4th GTi we get from same dealer!

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 02 September 2011, 13:21 »
I've just specced and Ed35 and it came out at 3k over my newly ordered Gti. Only difference in spec is the half leather. Was thinking of changing my order until I saw this!

Vw have their pricing all wrong. I have loved all of my Gti's but a golf is a golf. 28-31k? No. Too close to the R pricing which is also unrealistic money in my opinion.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 02 September 2011, 13:27 »
VW would argue that as long as people keep buying their GTI then there pricing must be correct!!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 02 September 2011, 14:13 »
I don't like the weird half-leather seats, I don't like the emblazoned massive 35 logos on the seat-backs, I don't like the vile R side-skirts, I don't like the uncouth and noisy R engine which needs more revving than the more modern and more refined GTI engine, I don't like the black door mirrors, I don't like the fairy Bi-Xenons, I don't like the cheapo golf ball gear knob and I don't like the price.

I like the front bumper and the smoked LED tail lights.

So Ed35, you can bugger off for now and forever.
« Last Edit: 02 September 2011, 15:03 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 02 September 2011, 15:21 »
I was thinking of getting one, but now I see they only come in the same colours as the standard MK6 GTI I don’t think I will bother, if I was to choose from the available colours again it would have to be pearlescent black , so not much point being as I already have a black MK6 GTI :undecided:

(And some barstard would probably try and steal it  :angry: :grin:)
« Last Edit: 02 September 2011, 15:22 by simonpolly »
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 02 September 2011, 15:32 »
..... and I definitely despise those wheels.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #17 on: 02 September 2011, 16:00 »
Here we go again, shoot some poor fecking sod down for voicing their opinion.

This is the main reason why I can't be arsed to join in much with discussions on this forum anymore. 

Think I shall just view from afar and not bother with anymore postings.

Ta ta

Gizzy
:rolleyes: I just said i did not think it fare, just my opinion.
I could say the mk6 is stupid expensive when i bought it as it was 4K more than my mk5. Or the new Polo GTI expensive as its more than i paid for my mk6 for similar spec. etc etc etc etc, but i look and see that prices of ALL makes have gone up, not just VW, so the market has changed and theres been VAT rises as well. Sorry if me looking at it this way has upset you. :embarassed: :embarassed: :cry:
Feel free to Post away on the forum i will not reply in case i offend.
« Last Edit: 02 September 2011, 16:12 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 02 September 2011, 16:49 »
Sorry, but I want one... paying for it there's Mastercard.  :smiley:
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Jimmymature

« Reply #19 on: 02 September 2011, 17:12 »
Sorry, but I want one... paying for it there's Mastercard.  :smiley:

I've just configured one and it's cheaper than I thought as leather and Xenon's are 'free'  Still too expensive but this car coming out is going to drive another nail into the used prices of our current GTI's.

But for that money, I'd still rather buy an R.

Jim.