Choose one, please.

BBS CK Silver
23 (53.5%)
BBS CS-5 Silver
15 (34.9%)
Cades Bern Hyper Silver
5 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: To BBS or not to BBS your GTI?  (Read 68381 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
To BBS or not to BBS your GTI?
« on: 25 June 2011, 15:26 »
Andy, my good friend and wheel oracle, suggested I put this to the vote.
I always obey Andy.  :grin:

Size 18x8
Choose one, please.

Option 1. My purchase.  :smiley:
£840, ET44, BBS CK Silver.
From Performance Alloys.

Option 2
£840, ET40, BBS CS-5 Silver.
(£60 extra for machining rims from ET40 to ET45. Not recommended by BBS).
From Performance Alloys.

Option 3
Less than £499, ET45, Cades Bern HS.
From Performance Alloys.

Note: ET=51 for OEM Mk 6 GTI wheels. So the minimum ET=44, which rules out Option 2.

Thank you.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 14 July 2011, 22:29 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
Re: Three for the road, but which one?
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2011, 16:11 »
I'm sorry here Asker but every time I see those Cades Bern Silver I think they just look like Ed35 wannabe wheels. I remember seeing a picture of proposed rims on the Ed35 which looked very similar.

I suppose there's always the benefit of looking like the Ed 35 in that it would be more OEM but I wasn't a fan of the Ed 35 when I saw it.

The first one's are stunning though.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2011, 16:15 »
I'm sorry here Asker but every time I see those Cades Bern Silver I think they just look like Ed35 wannabe wheels. I remember seeing a picture of proposed rims on the Ed35 which looked very similar.
I suppose there's always the benefit of looking like the Ed 35 in that it would be more OEM but I wasn't a fan of the Ed 35 when I saw it.

Thought long and hard myself and I agree,  the CKs are No 1 for me too. I'll wrestle an extra bit of discount for a fast buy on Monday. Just playing the waiting game to drop the price and change the wheel from CS-5s to CKs. Shock and awe tactics.  :evil: :grin:

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 June 2011, 16:22 »

Thought long and hard myself and I agree,  the CKs are No 1 for me too. I'll wrestle an extra bit of discount for a fast buy on Monday. Just playing the waiting game to drop the price and change the wheel from CS-5s to CKs. Shock and awe tactics.  :evil: :grin:

Asker, when you see my car with the CS-5s on it, I don't want to give you another reason to envy my car (the first being the colour of course)....  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Both BBS wheels are lovely although I'm totally sold on the CS-5s it has to be said.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2011, 16:25 »

This is how they will look with two doors welded up, a load of concrete in the boot and plenty of brakedust.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2011, 16:27 »
Asker, when you see my car with the CS-5s on it, I don't want to give you another reason to envy my car (the first being the colour of course)....  :grin: :grin: :grin:
Both BBS wheels are lovely although I'm totally sold on the CS-5s it has to be said.

Hello Alex. As I am a Princess in your eyes, I'll probably change my mind a million times by Monday.
But the burning question is: Are you buying the CS-5s on Monday?
Don't forget my advice on where to buy the Goodyears.

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2011, 16:29 »

Just tell them to give you more discount or you will send ME round, Performance Alloys are only about 25 miles away   :laugh:
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2011, 16:40 »
Just tell them to give you more discount or you will send ME round, Performance Alloys are only about 25 miles away   :laugh:

I am so glad I kept you sweet all this time. I knew there was more to you than the genius you have shown with retro-fits.  :laugh:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #8 on: 25 June 2011, 16:51 »
I like the expensive ones  :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 25 June 2011, 16:59 »
Definitely the CK's - there used to be a carbon grey GTI around here on them and it looked great.
Golf R