Author Topic: Dan's Audi A3 8V3 2.0TDI 150BHP S-Line  (Read 40530 times)

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
Re: DRC's Golf 2.0TDI
« Reply #10 on: 21 February 2011, 14:17 »
Yeah, I like to get things done asap, things that are cheap anyway :P haha
Window tints are booked in for Saturday :) Gonna have a go a de-badging this afternoon.
I'm really pi**ed about the oil leak, anyone with a derv, the bottom left handside as you look at the engine, there is a can with 4 pipes on it with a silver top, is this the oil pump? As that's where the oil is coming from. There is alot of oil under there so how it wasn't spotted I have no idea!
That R-line bumper is very nice! But where to get one from?
'13 Audi A3 8V S-Line - Dakota Grey - 2.0TDI 150 - MMI Plus Nav - Bang&Olufsen - Comfort Pack - LED Lighting Pack - Comms Pack - Model and Technology Badge Deletion

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 21 February 2011, 15:45 »
Going to order some new warning cancellers see if that resolves the HID issues, too cold to be messing about now, I'll still post the write up of it soon though.
Anyone know what the part that's leaking is? Doc, you must have it on on your derv?
'13 Audi A3 8V S-Line - Dakota Grey - 2.0TDI 150 - MMI Plus Nav - Bang&Olufsen - Comfort Pack - LED Lighting Pack - Comms Pack - Model and Technology Badge Deletion

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 21 February 2011, 16:14 »
To add to the last post, I've also being looking at the relay harness you can buy now.
Basically, Red and Black wire for your battery terminals, two runs of cable to go to your HID ballast and then one plug for a H7 socket, I'd need to cut the end off as I don't have a H7 socket and wire directly, my question is, if the car still doesn't see there being a bulb there, isn't it just gonna cut the power telling the relay to be open which will then switch the relay to a closed position? Or am I being naive as to how relays work?

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 21 February 2011, 17:21 »
Keith, can you actually buy the chrome tailpipes from VW on there own?
I was affraid I was gonna have to buy a new system, or even worse, Halfords tailpipe trims :(
Well Dan there are different tail pipes I've seen on TDI's some have the twin tail pipe and some have a single pipe that you can't see because its under the rear skirt and they have no cut out for the pipes in the skirt.

If you have 2 external pipes then you can fit the chrome tail pieces. Now some have fitted the pipes of a Skoda Yeti but those are 50mm, VW and Audi are 60mm thats why the Audi pipes are supposed to fit.

VAG do twin pipes for the Audi - 8P0 071 761 - £57.19

This has been talked about on many forums. There is a 9 page thread on Exhaust Trim but you have to join before you can read it.

Audi A3 New Shape Stainless Steel Exhaust Trim Set
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 21 February 2011, 18:35 »
Hi DRC,

I've fitted the Skoda Yeti exhaust tips on my GT TDI - they look good and are great value - less than £25 if I remember correctly. Simple to bash em on too.

sssh; it's 'only a diesel'; but i love it!

MK6 GT140 TDi; DBP; Vancouvers; RNS510-D; Convenience pack; Storage pack; Philips Extreme Vision dipped bulbs; blue vision sidelights; red footwell lights; Yeti tips; GTD pedals; GTD gear lever; 'R' mats; RVC; Premium Bluetooth and some TLC.

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 21 February 2011, 19:11 »
Dunc, can you order these from any VAG dealer?
Part numbers at all?
The Audi ones are nearly £60 :O

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 21 February 2011, 19:38 »
Ordered the relay harness for my HIDS so that should be here.
Saturday see's another day of modding :)
Decided on the Yeti tips, gonna ask my VW dealer tomorrow if they can order them for me :)
I hope I have the car back before the weekend, 4 days with it, god knows how many without, but hopefully saturday see's: rear window tints, de-badged, chrome tail pipe trims and HIDS :)

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 21 February 2011, 20:03 »
Dunc, can you order these from any VAG dealer?
Part numbers at all?
The Audi ones are nearly £60 :O

Hi DRC;
I'll send you an email with a piccie of the fitting instructions in (as I've forgotten how to post pics :o) ) - that has the part number on it. ALthough Keith's post above refers to Skoda pipes being a smaller diameter - I don't know about that; but for me (on my 2009 GT TDI 140) the Yeti ones were an exact fit on there. Took me less than 10 mins to do this 'mod.'

Re the 'oil leak' from your description it sounds like you may be talking about the fuel filter (apologies if insulting your intelligence though). If it is leaking diesel from here I'd not drive it too much and get that sorted pronto - don't really want fuel on your belts / your tyres etc or on the road.

dunc.

MK6 GT140 TDi; DBP; Vancouvers; RNS510-D; Convenience pack; Storage pack; Philips Extreme Vision dipped bulbs; blue vision sidelights; red footwell lights; Yeti tips; GTD pedals; GTD gear lever; 'R' mats; RVC; Premium Bluetooth and some TLC.

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 21 February 2011, 20:30 »

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 21 February 2011, 21:10 »
Thanks for the email dunc :)
I'll be ordering the yeti pipes :)
It's oil for sure, its not diesel, its thick and smells of oil, it just drips out the bottom :( I'll request for the garage to clean the area aswell :)