Author Topic: GTI MK6 - Faults/Rattles/Squeeks etc  (Read 109630 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: GTI MK6 - Faults/Rattles/Squeeks etc
« Reply #20 on: 28 April 2010, 23:40 »
Obviously the recent Toyota debacle has highlighted what can happen when a car company takes its eye off the ball.

Or foot off the pedal...................................................................I'll get my coat  :grin:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 29 April 2010, 10:37 »
Obviously the recent Toyota debacle has highlighted what can happen when a car company takes its eye off the ball.

Or foot off the pedal...................................................................I'll get my coat  :grin:

^^^ I liked it :laugh:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #22 on: 29 April 2010, 11:14 »
Hmm, doesnt seem to come from the steering column, its like the noise comes from the front wheels when they are turned all the way to the left or right.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 29 April 2010, 12:43 »
whistling from drivers side window (sometimes)

folding mirrors sometimes don't work (but to be fair this hasn't happened for a few months)

f7cking loads of stone chips, in particular two massive ones on passenger front side of the car (paint is sh1te, not a patch on the mk5 gti)

the odd rattle every now and then but i've put that down to my brain rolling around in my head while at speed  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 29 April 2010, 12:57 »
...f7cking loads of stone chips, in particular two massive ones on passenger front side of the car (paint is sh1te, not a patch on the mk5 gti)
.....my brain rolling around in my head while at speed   :laugh:

I am now too scared to drive Wolfgang on his natural habitat (tarmac roads). They really are a shocking mess. However, the soft paint on the VWs is a double curse to deal with.

Now, regarding your brain. I hope you are not serious about the rolling action! :shocked:
« Last Edit: 29 April 2010, 21:47 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline ozzyc

• Just got here
« Reply #25 on: 29 April 2010, 13:18 »
I've previously posted a thread about whistling from driver's side window and still trying to have this sorted.

I am also experiencing loud creaking when turning steering wheel hard right or left.

Minor glitches but for a $52,000 (AUD) car...

I will keep you all posted as I harrass my dealer some more.  I think it's important to talk to others about this as it is a new model  and there may be build quality issues that VW can be made aware of... strength in numbers and all that!

:wink:

ozzyc
Carbon Steel Metallic, 2010 GTI Mk VI, 18" alloys, black leather interior, sunroof, MDI

Offline maksta

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 29 April 2010, 13:25 »
the front passenger seat sometimes has a very tiny rattle coming from under the seat i can only presume (or in the seat somewhere). notice it when accelerating and or bass from the music. it is the seat, as when i hit the end of the seat, you get that slight rattling noise. think i can put up with it!

i also get the odd drip of water after i have closed the door and just started driving and its been raining previously! only 1 drip though.

can someone explain white worm to the alloys? i noticed behind the discs area that the silver part was a little bit bronze looking (not sure if this is rust, and its not on the actual alloy itself) ... didnt think it was a problem, but it has made me think!

cheers

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
« Reply #27 on: 29 April 2010, 14:34 »
Front passenger side wheel arch - access plate to fog lights came off somewhere - replaced under warranty
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Winter Pack, Lux Pack, RCD510+dynaudio, Park Assist with Camera, Sunroof, Cruise, Mud Guards & FT indicator.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #28 on: 29 April 2010, 15:49 »
the amount of sh!t that goes on with the mk5 and now mk6's why has someone like watchdog not taken VW by the bollox ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #29 on: 29 April 2010, 15:55 »
the amount of sh!t that goes on with the mk5 and now mk6's why has someone like watchdog not taken VW by the bollox ?

Becuase it's all little stuff and nothing major. It's a mass produced car made on a tight budget with profit margins the main aim. If you want a perfectly built car save up and buy yourself a Rolls.

Nick