Author Topic: Revo remap report (p.3): the Frog has done it!  (Read 36523 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Getting a Revo remap tomorrow - can't wait any longer ;-)
« Reply #10 on: 19 September 2009, 11:37 »
Genuinly excited for you and can't wait to hear what it's like as based upon your experience I'm going to get ours done as well.

do you know of a place local to us DL?  i'm seriously considering it.  i was thinking about getting my dealer to do it.  where you getting it done?
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 19 September 2009, 12:05 »
What sort of torque are REVO claiming?

Do the Mk5 or Mk6 (probably too early to tell) suffer with the 'weak' dual mass flywheels that plagued many VAG cars when you crank the torque up?

Accepting marketing bullsh!t and dyno lottery, what is a decent remap looking at?
Gains of 40ish BHP and 80+ lb-ft?

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 19 September 2009, 12:31 »
Im happy with an increase of 50bhp... which i think is realistic based on the gains from revo. RR are a lottery as we know, but as long as conditions are kept constant its just the gain you want to know. So 260-265 would be spot on.

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 19 September 2009, 13:05 »
Genuinly excited for you and can't wait to hear what it's like as based upon your experience I'm going to get ours done as well.

do you know of a place local to us DL?  i'm seriously considering it.  i was thinking about getting my dealer to do it.  where you getting it done?

I haven't asked my dealer but will on Monday. We use Vindis Sawston, you go to Wayside right? Not really local to us but I was going to use Grant Seat in Braintree as they are Revo dealers or VW Racing in Milton Keynes. I'll try Vindis on Monday because if they can do it it will be a lot easier for me to take it there.

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 19 September 2009, 13:09 »
Im happy with an increase of 50bhp... which i think is realistic based on the gains from revo. RR are a lottery as we know, but as long as conditions are kept constant its just the gain you want to know. So 260-265 would be spot on.

I'll bet all the remaps give 40-50 genuine peak BHP and between 80 and 100 lb-ft of peak torque regardless of the marketing bull.

Once you remove the "Oh, we must have started with a good GTI - it made 235+ BHP out of the box" fantasy stuff, you are left with a good honest gain of around 40-50 BHP and 80-100 lb-ft, with varying delivery characteristics depending on the mapper.

Which sounds pretty good to me!  :grin:

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 19 September 2009, 15:39 »

I haven't asked my dealer but will on Monday. We use Vindis Sawston, you go to Wayside right? Not really local to us but I was going to use Grant Seat in Braintree as they are Revo dealers or VW Racing in Milton Keynes. I'll try Vindis on Monday because if they can do it it will be a lot easier for me to take it there.

yeah i got mine from wayside.  let me know what your dealer says - prices, details etc.  i'm working on the missus to see if i can get mine done lol
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 19 September 2009, 15:59 »
In truth I am too but she is fairly convinced, I overplayed the fact that we may get even better fuel consumption thus cancelling out any costs and she drives like a loon anyway so a bit more power can't hurt  :smiley:

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 19 September 2009, 18:08 »
In truth I am too but she is fairly convinced, I overplayed the fact that we may get even better fuel consumption thus cancelling out any costs and she drives like a loon anyway so a bit more power can't hurt  :smiley:

Honestly guys my misses doesn't even know our cars been mapped. It's super smooth and linear and she isn't heavy footed but it is a super smooth and controllable map (if that makes sense).

Offline Paling

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 19 September 2009, 19:06 »
Is your top speed higher with a remap or do you just get there quicker?
Deep Black Golf GTi 5dr Mk6, 18'' Monza Shadows, Cruise Control, ACC, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Storage Pack, Front & Rear Park Assist and Flat Tyre indicator.

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #19 on: 19 September 2009, 20:19 »

yeah i got mine from wayside.  let me know what your dealer says - prices, details etc.  i'm working on the missus to see if i can get mine done lol[/quote]

How would she know? Does your car wear shoes? :wink:
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.