Author Topic: Revo remap report (p.3): the Frog has done it!  (Read 36520 times)

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
Revo remap report (p.3): the Frog has done it!
« on: 18 September 2009, 18:58 »
FULL POST-OP REPORT ON PAGE 3

After umming and ahhing for the last couple of weeks, and having grilled you senseless on which company to go with and when to do it, I decided to book a Revo remap for tomorrow. I was coming over to England anyway tomorrow for a bit of shopping and so I thought I may as well get the remap over & done with. The guy I spoke to really seemed to know what he was talking about and put my mind at rest regarding warranty and other issues. He said they had done a MB S600 a couple of weeks ago that had only 22 miles on the clock and managed to get 850hp out of it :nerd:

Anyway, I will be happy if they give me the 275hp they promise on their website. I will report back on Sunday once I'm back in France.

Wish me luck for the operation :embarassed:
« Last Edit: 21 September 2009, 10:02 by FroGTI »

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Getting a Revo remap tomorrow - can't wait any longer ;-)
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2009, 19:01 »
good luck!  i'll be very interested to know how you get on once you have had it done as i'm seriously contemplating having my car chipped as well.  report back asap  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2009, 22:32 »
You won't regret it froggy, it takes the car up a lovely notch!

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2009, 05:54 »
You won't regret it froggy, it takes the car up a lovely notch!

Thanks for your words of reassurance. I'm just sitting having my Weetabix before heading for the Channel Tunnel and I must admit to feeling a little nervous. The GTI is possibly the nicest car to drive that I've ever owned and I don't want them to b*gger everything up. I always knew, though, that 210hp was never going to be quite enough for me, so here goes nothing...

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2009, 09:34 »
Genuinly excited for you and can't wait to hear what it's like as based upon your experience I'm going to get ours done as well.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2009, 10:39 »
Good luck fella!! I for one was going to do exactly the same thing today.. only im down south and would rather go to someone local just incase of any issues.

Do report back and let us know how you get on though:smiley:

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 19 September 2009, 10:46 »
Ooh...when's he back?
When's he back?

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 19 September 2009, 10:48 »
I would imagine later on today..

Think i will schedule mine in later this week hopefully. At the moment its just not quick enough... or maybe its just me having to adjust my driving style a little. Find the GTI has to be driven considerably harder to get to the same kind of speeds as the R.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #8 on: 19 September 2009, 10:49 »
what did they say about the warranty?  how did they reassure you?

also how about insurance?

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2009, 10:56 »
what did they say about the warranty?  how did they reassure you?

also how about insurance?

I made sure it was included in my insurance before I got my policy. I havent spoken to them yet.. but being a Seat dealer I assume they are fairly familiar with VAG cars and part, and probably worked on this engine before. So aslong as they assure me that they will fix any issues that are the cause of the remap I think I should be fine. :smiley: (i hope)

In all honesty I am not that worried about remap related problems. Having spent over 2yrs over onthe MK5 board, lots and lots of people have had remaps and revo seemed to be the company of choice for a number of reasons. With no one reporting any problems :smiley: