Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287851 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3720 on: 14 October 2012, 21:05 »
After lap 20 I fell asleep, quite literally. Shame to see vettel in yet another dominating car, 3rd gifted championship.

Only saw the last 10laps or so and that was enough, finger boy Vettel is getting on my nerves now, I just hope that Alonso can still win it but looking like Vettel will be 3 times champion.

They keep saying he is one of the greatest drivers at the moment but I do not rate him, he seems to get a lot of luck at times.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #3721 on: 14 October 2012, 21:13 »
Got up to watch it this morning.

First 10 laps were good and later on some good scraps in the mid field. As others have said it does look like SV is on a good run for number 3 but at least this year he hasn't run away with it. They just have such a good package. The car is quick and reliable and Seb's quali performance tends to mean he can put it up front and and keep out of the chaos of the first few laps. Is he the best driver out there? Debatable, but you can't deny when the car is good he puts it up front and keeps it there. As a team you can't ask for anymore from your number 1 driver.

Gutted for Button. I had high hopes for him doing a stormer being able to start on the harder tyre. Perhaps it would have come to nothing anyway judging by how Hami's McLaren destroyed it's tyres.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3722 on: 15 October 2012, 00:23 »
Gutted for Button. I had high hopes for him doing a stormer being able to start on the harder tyre. Perhaps it would have come to nothing anyway judging by how Hami's McLaren destroyed it's tyres.

Only because Lewis had a broken rear torsion bar. I reckon Button would of done very well.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3723 on: 15 October 2012, 10:10 »
Read this in the Guardian last Wednesday... forgot to share it until now.. with reference to Romain Grosjean

The reaction after he punted Mark Webber out in Japan on Sunday was widespread, negative and strongly suggestive that action against the driver should be taken. Webber himself branded him a "nutcase"; the Red Bull principal, Christian Horner, said that it was "unacceptable" and that "his team need to get him under a bit more control"; while Jenson Button said he should "sort his sh!t out".

you gotta love JB!  :grin:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #3724 on: 15 October 2012, 13:13 »
surprised no one has mentioned vettels possible move to ferrari??  :huh:

2 of the top 3 drivers.... they mean business... as for mclaren  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3725 on: 15 October 2012, 14:18 »
surprised no one has mentioned vettels possible move to ferrari??  :huh:

2 of the top 3 drivers.... they mean business... as for mclaren  :lipsrsealed:

At the moment it's just a rumour. Wasn't Kubica rumoured to drive for Ferrari in 2014 too?

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3726 on: 15 October 2012, 14:53 »
Can't see it working, it will be Alonso/hamilton all over again!

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3727 on: 15 October 2012, 15:03 »
Agreed. Alonso has already made Ferrari his own, and Vettel wouldn't settle for #2. If you look at previous history McLaren have mostly had both strong drivers and Ferrari always have one strong driver and a support driver. Vet/Alo wouldn't work.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3728 on: 15 October 2012, 22:51 »
I do worry for McLaren next season.

Button is a good driver but not in the same class as a Hamilton, Alonso or Vettel.

I like Perez, but not as a replacement for Hamilton. As for Hamilton next season and beyond, I hope for his sake that the new rules for engines work in favour of Mercedes as right now they are awful and have been a very average team since the change over from Brawn.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3729 on: 27 October 2012, 12:05 »
Vettle on pole again..he is going win it again this season by the looks of it.

As the season has gone on my interest has nearly hit rock bottom.