Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288151 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3520 on: 25 June 2012, 12:09 »
Yeah both renault engines suffered alternator problems.

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1
F1 alternators, mounted low down alongside the engine, create 22a, weigh just 750g & are 7cm long x 5cm dia

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #3521 on: 25 June 2012, 12:39 »
I'm currently laughing at the papers reports (and Farce rarri) saying how good Alonso is.

Only reason he won was because he was gifted first place, and then Grosjean alternator failed.

He did alright to come up from 11th, but it was never going to be his race if people weren't dropping out like flies.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3522 on: 25 June 2012, 12:43 »
I'm currently laughing at the papers reports (and Farce rarri) saying how good Alonso is.

Only reason he won was because he was gifted first place, and then Grosjean alternator failed.

He did alright to come up from 11th, but it was never going to be his race if people weren't dropping out like flies.

To be fair to Alonso, he is driving a very average Ferrari but sits 20 points clear at the top of the championship.

Can say what you want, but no doubting Alonso alongside Hamilton is the best driver in F1.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3523 on: 25 June 2012, 12:54 »
Agree. Ok yes I'm biased towards Alonso ofcourse, but I think he's the best racer out there. He's not the fastest on a single lap, or the best at overtaking or at defending, but as a package he's well worth the money Ferrari pay him. He's consistent, experienced and much like Prost in a sense that if he knows he can win, he will otherwise he'll bring the points home and add to the tally.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #3524 on: 25 June 2012, 14:39 »

To be fair to Alonso, he is driving a very average Ferrari but sits 20 points clear at the top of the championship.

Being fair to Alonso, he's a very average driver.

The real racing happens between 4-10 positions. Look at Raikkonen and Grosjean, Lotus (Renault) not a brilliant car, but they are both driving the wheels off them.

Maldonado - Yes he's a clumsy tit but gets very respectable results with not a lot of car.

Perez - As above.

Kobayashi - As above - although more exciting to watch in some cases.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3525 on: 25 June 2012, 16:39 »

Being fair to Alonso, he's a very average driver.

The real racing happens between 4-10 positions. Look at Raikkonen and Grosjean, Lotus (Renault) not a brilliant car, but they are both driving the wheels off them.

Maldonado - Yes he's a clumsy tit but gets very respectable results with not a lot of car.

Perez - As above.

Kobayashi - As above - although more exciting to watch in some cases.

Alonso very average? Are you for real?

He was the youngest F1 Champion at the time when he won, he then went on to be the youngest double World Champion. He should of won the World Championship for a 3rd time in 2010 if Ferrari had not messed up the strategy for the race.

I am not a big fan of Alonso the person at all, but any F1 fan who know's his stuff would not say Alonso is very average, is such a laughable statement to make
« Last Edit: 25 June 2012, 16:43 by stu646 »

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3526 on: 25 June 2012, 17:18 »
Agree. You've been watching the wrong version of F1 if you think he's average. I think massage reflects the Ferrari performance. Alonso is just driving the nuts off it.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #3527 on: 25 June 2012, 19:06 »
Afraid I am real yes.

Alonso is very average in my opinion. Then again, maybe I like watching racing and not 4 teams play strategy games. :lipsrsealed:

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3528 on: 25 June 2012, 19:33 »
Hmm, still don't agree at all.

Going back to your other post where you say Grosjean and Kimi are driving the wheels off the Lotus which you say is not a brilliant car, but even going back to pre season testing everyone was saying the Lotus looked a fast and good car, while the Ferrari looked very poor and still on the whole is not performing as good as the Lotus.

Lotus this season have a much better car as a whole package than Ferrari , yet Kimi and Grosjean sit 40 and 60 points behind Alonso.

This for me alone , proves what a good racer Alonso have been this season.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #3529 on: 25 June 2012, 20:25 »
Afraid I am real yes.

Alonso is very average in my opinion. Then again, maybe I like watching racing and not 4 teams play strategy games. :lipsrsealed:

he must be a cry baby fan....  :wink: :wink:

any guesses whom I talkin about