Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288124 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2190 on: 10 April 2011, 15:58 »
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90614

Very unfair if you ask me  :undecided: Why can't racing be racing like the old days, it's becoming artificial now  :rolleyes:

Hamilton fault as he moved his car twice to defend. Rules say you can defend/block only once buy good news Alonso retains his 6th position

I know, but I find that one move rule unfair as well. I'm not saying drivers should weave all over the track but I think 2 or even 3 moves should be allowed...

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2191 on: 10 April 2011, 16:01 »

Very unfair if you ask me  :undecided: Why can't racing be racing like the old days, it's becoming artificial now  :rolleyes:

Hamilton fault as he moved his car twice to defend. Rules say you can defend/block only once buy good news Alonso retains his 6th position

I know, but I find that one move rule unfair as well. I'm not saying drivers should weave all over the track but I think 2 or even 3 moves should be allowed...

3 moves, sometimes at 180 mph  :grin: :laugh: aye alright,

just look what happened to Alonso today, you imagine the disturbed wind etc from a car doing anything over 100mph, and the subsequent carnage of a car moving 3 times at such speeds.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2192 on: 10 April 2011, 16:09 »

3 moves, sometimes at 180 mph  :grin: :laugh: aye alright,

just look what happened to Alonso today, you imagine the disturbed wind etc from a car doing anything over 100mph, and the subsequent carnage of a car moving 3 times at such speeds.

Look at racing years ago, they weaved and blocked, that was proper racing. I'm not talking like hamilton did here, were he blocked 4 and a half times. But I think 2 blocks should be allowed. Racing is dangerous, if it was made purely for safety they'd have bumpers and be limited speed to 30mph  :rolleyes:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2193 on: 10 April 2011, 16:14 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

times changed , as have the cars and the speed they do, if that contact had happened years ago like today then the results could have been a LOT worse,

Same with that flying renault, years ago it would have clown car'd and  popped off all 4 years.

LONG gone are the days of real racing etc in F1,  and they will never return.

Wanna see proper racing - BTCC and WTCC. Full contact FTW  :grin: :laugh:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2194 on: 10 April 2011, 16:22 »
LONG gone are the days of real racing etc in F1,  and they will never return.

Yup and it's a shame. I blame the FIA, too many rules, too many gadgets. Just give the drivers cars from teams that have no budget caps, unlimited testing like the old days and no KERS or DRS or any fancy devices. The only good thing over the last few years is ban on TC, less aerodynamic cars and the change to Pirelli. While they're at it they should bring refuelling back, it added to the excitement. At least Bernie doesn't want the 4 cylinder turbo engines, it's about the only good thing he's sticking by.....Hopefully we won't see the medal system or sprinklers any time soon  :laugh: (Although I do think they would spice up the racing a hell of a lot!).

Offline DOA

• I live here
« Reply #2195 on: 10 April 2011, 21:09 »

Wanna see proper racing - BTCC and WTCC. Full contact FTW  :grin: :laugh:

Eh, something wrong with that line, proper racing does not involve smashing into other peoples cars to slow down/make a corner (except at the first corner of a kart race lol).

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #2196 on: 10 April 2011, 22:32 »
Rubbish. Rubbin's Racin'.

Nick

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2197 on: 10 April 2011, 22:46 »
i hate the one move rule, the worlds "top drivers" should be capable of unlimited moves to try and pass a or defend from another driver. It should always be an educated and calculated risk the drivers take and decided and that will come with experience in racing. Young champions are given a far simpler job now than what Schumacer and Barrachello were brought into racing with.

F1 will always be my favorite sport but unfortunately H&S are stepping too far into the "pinical of motor sport" the lesser leagues in some cases have far fewer restrictions which is mad!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #2198 on: 11 April 2011, 07:49 »
i hate the one move rule, the worlds "top drivers" should be capable of unlimited moves to try and pass a or defend from another driver. It should always be an educated and calculated risk the drivers take and decided and that will come with experience in racing. Young champions are given a far simpler job now than what Schumacer and Barrachello were brought into racing with.

F1 will always be my favorite sport but unfortunately H&S are stepping too far into the "pinical of motor sport" the lesser leagues in some cases have far fewer restrictions which is mad!

Agreed completely. If they could constantly defend it could make it a huge difference. Such as a car that could be doing poorly on the track for various reasons could remain 6th by continuous defending. This to me would be far more interesting and show more of the drivers skill and competence on the track IMO

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #2199 on: 11 April 2011, 13:51 »

Agreed completely. If they could constantly defend it could make it a huge difference. Such as a car that could be doing poorly on the track for various reasons could remain 6th by continuous defending. This to me would be far more interesting and show more of the drivers skill and competence on the track IMO

and more accidents, remember webber flyin upside down last year  :shocked: