Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287858 times)

VeeDubGTI16v

Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1870 on: 21 November 2010, 10:43 »
i suppose, but i'm think deeper in that certain teams bluffed ferrari into pitting him  :cool:

ferrari were blinded by webber and forgot about vettel tbh

it was a shame the renaults got in the way as it could have had a blinding race!

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1871 on: 21 November 2010, 12:40 »
Seriously, from the sofa I could tell it wasn't gonna work out, so I'd expect people with millions worth of equipment to know that too.
Let me see....red bull knew that webber wasn't gonna win it. They knew alonso would have followed webber, so to make alonso not meet his 5th place, they pitted webber, knowing he had no chance so that alonso would follow. It's been like that all year, ferrari pit a few laps after red bull, and they knew alonso was fighting with webber not vettel.
Great red bull tactics, poor ferrari response.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1872 on: 21 November 2010, 22:43 »
theres a good explination in autosport, some f**king clever people out on the pit wall!

Exactly, it was a well calculated risk taken by Ferrari but unfortunatly for them the tyres came back to other drivers which delayed there pit stops till further in the race and thats what ruined Alonso and Webbers race.

It would have been a miscalculation if Ferrari had calculated the tyre de-grading process over time which over a track that is constantly developing is impossible. No one could have calculated if a tyre would degrade and produce slow lap times then "come back to life" and be able to put in fast times again  :undecided:

but anywho, luck of the draw and Vettle won it, if the other teams catch up technically for next year Vettle has no chance!  :grin:

jesus , this is like a semantics competition.

Noun 1. miscalculation - a mistake in calculating
mis estimation, misreckoning
error, fault, mistake - a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention

when webber pitted he was still going to  come out behind rosberg, petrov and kubica who had already pitted. webber needed to pass all of them to win the championship. If ferrari had ignored webber who was going to be out of contention anyway and kept an eye on what the real competion (vettel) was doing they might have stood a chance. they focused on the wrong man.

whatever way you try and twist it , ferrari made an error (what me and the dictionary would also call a miscalculation) which helped Vettel win the WDC.
Magic F1 fairies didn't sprinkle his car with lucky winning dust.
« Last Edit: 21 November 2010, 22:46 by monkeyalan »

adamrob69

« Reply #1873 on: 22 November 2010, 12:46 »
it was a mistake by ferrari. Webber pitted when he did because he just couldnt do anything on the strategy he was on so he tried to change it. Ferrari made the mistake of following ship, what they should of done is pay attention to what everyone else was doing and not webber. They would of realised that they didnt have a big enough gap to miss the midfield and so should of waited especialy as two of the cars in the midfield had already pitted. It was a naive decision that was taken to hastley. On the upside alonso didnt win it  :grin:

VW BUSH

« Reply #1874 on: 22 November 2010, 13:19 »
Alonso is a bushy browed gimp glad he lost out to Vettel, Webber is now number two in red bull for sure.

Zo Herr Vebber as mein number 2 du has to essen mien wiener, ohh dat ist lekker slurp slurp :grin:

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1875 on: 22 November 2010, 14:04 »
On the upside alonso didnt win it  :grin:

I'll get stick for this but,

I would rather Alonso won than Vettle!

Vettle irritates me, he thinks he's gods gift to earth!
I dont like Alonso but he is a far better driver that Vettle

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline 2001gti4

• Here all the time
« Reply #1876 on: 22 November 2010, 14:22 »
Alonso is an amazing driver but he's a prize c0ck with it. The favouritism within Red Bull was generated by Helmut Marko and the high up Germans in the team, not Vettel himself. With all the pressure being put on him it's no wonder he was a bit snappy, saying that I wanted to see Webber win myself but Vettel kept his nerve and put in the performance where it counted....
My Golf is dead but at least I have this....

adamrob69

« Reply #1877 on: 22 November 2010, 17:58 »
Vettel is a decent driver but he has got alot to learn still, maybe this win will help him?

I didnt want alonso to win it because 1. he drives for ferrari and 2. he is alonso! I prefered vettel because even though i dont like him, redbull deserved it alot more.

I didnt really want anyone of them to win it tbh. I did want webber but i even went off him in the last couple of races, he just wasnt himself and seemed to had already resigned to not winning it.

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #1878 on: 22 November 2010, 20:37 »
On the upside alonso didnt win it  :grin:

I'll get stick for this but,

I would rather Alonso won than Vettle!

Vettle irritates me, he thinks he's gods gift to earth!
I dont like Alonso but he is a far better driver that Vettle

You will not get stick from me, I cannot stand Vettle.

+1

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares