Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288108 times)

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1730 on: 24 October 2010, 22:42 »
2. Webber surely he could have turned the OTHER way rather than back on track. I think his intention was to take out someone, preferably Alonso. Fail!

yes, during his spin in some of the worst conditions ever raced in  the man who was leading the world championship by a narrow margin thought

" I know , i'll not try and recover this spin to gain more points , instead i'll use all my driving skill to try and hit one of the other title contenders, i think i'll aim for Alonso"

:laugh: don't talk 5hit.

As for the title now, the only man out of it is Button.

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #1731 on: 24 October 2010, 22:48 »
Button is a bit annoying he is allways bleating about the set up of the car and not having confidence in the rear or not having enough grip.. blah blah blah.  Jenson man up grow some balls or you will be gone next season.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline Winso

• Here all the time
« Reply #1732 on: 25 October 2010, 07:58 »
Jenson's a great driver and probably one of the fastest and smoothest, but only if his car's set up perfectly. If it's anything short of perfect he really does struggle.
« Last Edit: 25 October 2010, 12:50 by Winso »

adamrob69

« Reply #1733 on: 25 October 2010, 12:34 »
1. Sky player fail, BBC swap over pi$$ed me off. iPlayer it was.

2. Webber surely he could have turned the OTHER way rather than back on track. I think his intention was to take out someone, preferably Alonso. Fail!

3. Vettel, good pace, but Alonso was quicker and going to catch up sooner or later. Unlucky for him though, I think he's lost the championship, along with Webber.

4. Hamilton needs to stop shredding his tyres so quickly, he's too aggressive when pushing.

5. Alonso will win the championship. As Brundle said he's the feared one in this era of F1. For all those saying he's a rubbish driver and blah blah, just look at the standings. Under pressure makes no error and keeps his cool, which is something Hamilton has failed to show, Monza and Singapore are classic examples of being greedy for position. He's also in an inferior car to both Red Bull and McLaren. It's 2007 all over again, which is what lost Hamilton his first title, consistency.

Alonso isnt in a bad car at all, the ferrari is almost on a parr with the redbull now. The Mclaren is the worst car by far. Alonso has made so many mistakes this year, especially when he was under pressure in a car that was off the pace, in contrast LH thrived off it; the mclaren has been nowhere near the best car all season, he has just done the best he could in an inferior car; which if you look where he is, is pretty impressive.

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #1734 on: 25 October 2010, 22:50 »
Lewis Hamilton really does get every last drop of performance out the car, Its going to be a great last two races, this has been one of the best Formula 1 seasons for a long time hopefully they won't implement too many changes for 2011.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #1735 on: 26 October 2010, 09:45 »
Jenson's a great driver and probably one of the fastest and smoothest, but only if his car's set up perfectly. If it's anything short of perfect he really does struggle.
if last years braun didn't have the massive jump on all the other cars in the first half of the season, jenson would not have won.  It's as simple as that.  Yes, he is smooth but he is not quick enough and is not an out-and-out racer.  He's only won this season due to strategy choices.

Offline Winso

• Here all the time
« Reply #1736 on: 07 November 2010, 16:48 »
Jonathan Legard - how did a man with so little fundamental understanding of motorsport in general become a F1 commentator?!?!?!

The man is clearly an idiot.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1737 on: 07 November 2010, 17:48 »
Jonathan Legard - how did a man with so little fundamental understanding of motorsport in general become a F1 commentator?!?!?!

The man is clearly an idiot.

Brundle is no better, Barrichello has a flat tyre and he says it is only flat at the bottom.

I think you'll find that was a joke! :grin:

nick

Offline bomp

• Here all the time
« Reply #1738 on: 07 November 2010, 19:39 »
Legard is doing my tit in now, every single race so far there has been numorous events happening on screen while he's going on with his constant drivel. But 1 or 2 laps after the event they give a replay of what happened, and he starts going "will he make this move work?"  IT'S A FEKIN REPLAY.

Somebody give the prat a huge TV monitor to watch, because he can't seem to tell the difference between the colours of cars or the drivers helmets.
Life is like a skid mark on a toilet bowl.  Sooner or later someone\\\'s going to pi$$ you off.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #1739 on: 07 November 2010, 22:02 »
Is it just me or do the BBC seem to have a massive hard-0n for Alonso now??  :huh:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.