Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288110 times)

Offline bundy

• GTI forum regular
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1500 on: 08 September 2010, 22:56 »
i say strip them of points, ive got no love for ferrari  :angry:

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #1501 on: 09 September 2010, 09:11 »
i say strip them of points, ive got no love for ferrari  :angry:
ditto.  Imagine if you'd had money on Massa to win.  I'd be livid.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1502 on: 09 September 2010, 09:32 »
banning team orders is totally un-policable tho'.

There is no way to stop a team having them and they all do it , some use delayed pitstops , some are just more subtle that rob smedley and massa.

It does suck that they do it , but they do and always will.

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #1503 on: 09 September 2010, 12:57 »
But it's like match fixing. Pakistan are being drawn through the coals because of it and a snooker player just recieved a 6 month ban related to it. So why should motor sport get away with it? It's blatant match fixing, and as someone else already said, if someone had bet on the result that was adjusted by Ferrari, would there be a case for a civil action against Ferrari?
When final results can be decided before the end of the competition, what is the point of the competition?

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1504 on: 10 September 2010, 00:44 »
Nobody in F1 is getting bribe money to swap places or breaking the law tho' are they?

I don't like the fact that it happens anymore than you do but there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.

If the FIA could come up with a way to stop it i'm sure they would.

It is a team sport too.

« Last Edit: 10 September 2010, 00:53 by monkeyalan »

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1505 on: 10 September 2010, 07:10 »
have you noticed people don't mind team orders as long as they are not blatant and not ferrari orders  :grin:

its been going on forever and will continue to do so. put yourself in the shoes of the team boss who wants to win the championship

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
« Reply #1506 on: 10 September 2010, 07:58 »
Bribery or not. The end result is for points and therefore reward. Still match fixing in my opinion.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1507 on: 10 September 2010, 08:14 »
this is why they need to be subtle, so the majority of fans can be ignorant of it happening. It would be match fixing if opposing teams let each other through for bribes :wink: this is team orders to help the team win the championship, NOT match fixing

i think it more shows up ferrari's sh!tty attitude of we are above the sport etc

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
« Reply #1508 on: 10 September 2010, 12:51 »
If the outcome of a race can be dictated by a radio message then the sport has gone out of the sport. What is the use of racing if you know you cant win? The team should be happy that their cars are gaining the maximim points. Its up to the drivers to get to the finishing line first.

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #1509 on: 10 September 2010, 14:15 »
Button appears to be on form in the practice sessions this morning. Lets hope its a return to form to keep the championship interesting.