Author Topic: Help regarding aftermarket heated seat elements in factory Recaros  (Read 827 times)

kells

probably a long shot but worth asking

As some of you may know, im currently in the middle of sorting a new interior with Mj of MJ interiors. these are the factory recaros like what comes in the colour concept...

now the heated elements are changed to what he says are much better than the OE pads, these are made of carbon and do not burn out, or burn through the material potentially damaging the leather!, he also has the loom which comes with the elements and these have all their own relays and inline fuse. they also have a small round dash mounted rocker switch with Hi/Low setting.

i much prefere the idea of these carbon pads which is why iv gone down this route, plus i dont want my expensive retrim getting any damage.

But i want to run the OEM dash mounted switch. Does anybody know if i will be able to use the factory switch with the loom from the aftermarket kit. i noticed the switch from the aftermarket kit had 4 wires going in to each switch. Factory switch which has controls for both seats has 7 wires going into it

i also notice the loom for the aftermarket set up has the same amount of wires coming out from the seat area as what the factory loom has, (4 wires per seat) so maybe i could use the factory loom and modify it to fit the new elements???

the aftermarket elements have their own relays so i dont need to use the factory relays that are usually mounted under each seat, just wondering really if anyone thinks i can hook up the VAG loom to the conections from the aftermarket pads

i have the factory looms and switch aswell as the aftermarket items

?

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
i would have thought your trimmer would be able to easily solve this :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

kells

went over last nite, lo0ks like it will work, seats will be finished sat hopefully so ill see.. seats are lookin awesome too  :cool: