Author Topic: sound actuator  (Read 2251 times)

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
sound actuator
« on: 26 October 2022, 16:31 »
Does the GTI CS have one? I had a mk7 Golf R and I didn't actually mind the fake sound - sort of reminded me of a Subaru Impreza turbo.

But on my CS I can't tell - in sport it just sounds really rough. If it has one maybe it isnt fitted properly.
Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: sound actuator
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2022, 19:55 »
I’m pretty sure it still has some type of Soundaktor still.
I’ve not fiddled with mine for nearly two years but vaguely remember there being an engine sound setting in individual called Pure which cuts any synthetic noise.
Mine is run in that setting with the parcel shelf removed so I can fully hear the exhaust (which gets quite fruity under load).

The mk7 Soundaktor always sounded like the engine had a misfire to me, I hated it. 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2022, 12:21 »
Does the GTI CS have one? I had a mk7 Golf R and I didn't actually mind the fake sound - sort of reminded me of a Subaru Impreza turbo.

But on my CS I can't tell - in sport it just sounds really rough. If it has one maybe it isnt fitted properly.

Like a box of spanner rough ? If so, mine does too as does my R. It’s not the most pleasant sound I must say..

Yeah like there is something wrong with the engine rough. Sounds nothing like my 7R did. Weird!
Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2022, 10:35 »
Does a 7.5 TCR have one?

MK7 GTi

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2022, 14:57 »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2022, 14:38 »
I’m pretty sure it still has some type of Soundaktor still.
I’ve not fiddled with mine for nearly two years but vaguely remember there being an engine sound setting in individual called Pure which cuts any synthetic noise.
Mine is run in that setting with the parcel shelf removed so I can fully hear the exhaust (which gets quite fruity under load).

The mk7 Soundaktor always sounded like the engine had a misfire to me, I hated it.

Is this setting on a mk8 GTI pure or does it come on latest software update?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2022, 16:47 »
Davo, mine has literally just gone from the original 2020 software 16** to 1896 on Friday, the driving mode settings seemed to have been the only things not to have been changed by the software update as I had to re-setup everything from Bluetooth settings to ambient lighting choices. 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 12 December 2022, 23:27 »
Ok, I’ve been out and checked, mine was set to Eco and still is. I don’t know where I got Pure from, it’s Eco.
Definitely just exhaust noise comes through as I have my back seats folded permanently owing to my car being used like a van. The exhaust can be quite fruity.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GtiJames

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 13 December 2022, 22:02 »
Yeah I always have it in eco mode for engine noise and don’t think there is any actuator noise and you have to really be hammering it or doing aggressive downshifts to get any pops and bangs from the exhaust, but they are possible.  :evil:

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 19 December 2022, 09:36 »
Ok, I’ve been out and checked, mine was set to Eco and still is. I don’t know where I got Pure from, it’s Eco.
Definitely just exhaust noise comes through as I have my back seats folded permanently owing to my car being used like a van. The exhaust can be quite fruity.

Thanks think pure is a setting on the R maybe?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI