Author Topic: Handing a car back  (Read 8655 times)

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
  • MK8 Clubsport Dolphin Grey
Re: Handing a car back
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2021, 12:40 »
Funny that I am in my local  dealers at the moment contemplating rejecting it.

Noticed a patch of drips on the floor where I park my car over the weekend checked underneath couldnt see anything.

Noticed that the noice I had got when the top mounts where changed had returned on the N/S last night and also very wandering handling when under load.

Checked again today more throughly and found the NSF shock absorber has blown and strut oil everywhere.

Now this is a p**s take also infotainment still playing up and door cards creaking.

I love this car it is my 4th new Golf and I have never had any issues with the others.

Just dont know what to do?????
Golf History 4 x MK2, 2 x MK3, 2 x MK4, 2 x MK5, 1 x MK6, 1 MK7 & MK8 Clubsport

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 17 August 2021, 13:08 »

Noticed a patch of drips on the floor where I park my car over the weekend checked underneath couldnt see anything.

Noticed that the noice I had got when the top mounts where changed had returned on the N/S last night and also very wandering handling when under load.

Checked again today more throughly and found the NSF shock absorber has blown and strut oil everywhere.

Now this is a p**s take also infotainment still playing up and door cards creaking.

I love this car it is my 4th new Golf and I have never had any issues with the others.

No issues on your last 3 Golf's? You were quite lucky there. I have had issues on my last 3, including a crap/gritty throw on my Golf R's manual box, frequent refusal to go into 2nd from 4th, a dead turbo (actuator failure) and a dead radio signal booster - on the one car!

I think you'd have to give them the opportunity to replace that leaky shock. Creaky door cards? Sure its not squeaky door rubbers needing a drop of Krytox?

Don't personally think you have enough to reject there.

One thing I have noticed about our ID3s is that they are squeak/creak free. Not sure whether more care is taken to build or there's damping washers on all the fixings because any noise in an EV would be very noticeable, or whether its just luck. My MK7 Golf R had a squeaky drivers seat too.
« Last Edit: 17 August 2021, 13:12 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
  • MK8 Clubsport Dolphin Grey
« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2021, 13:20 »

No issues on your last 3 Golf's? You were quite lucky there. I have had issues on my last 3, including a crap/gritty throw on my Golf R's manual box, frequent refusal to go into 2nd from 4th, a dead turbo (actuator failure) and a dead radio signal booster - on the one car!

I think you'd have to give them the opportunity to replace that leaky shock. Creaky door cards? Sure its not squeaky door rubbers needing a drop of Krytox?

Don't personally think you have enough to reject there.

One thing I have noticed about our ID3s is that they are squeak/creak free. Not sure whether more care is taken to build or there's damping washers on all the fixings because any noise in an EV would be very noticeable, or whether its just luck. My MK7 Golf R had a squeaky drivers seat too.

I am an ex Tech although longtime ago. This is 3rd visit and last time it had both top mounts changed I will put money on it that is why the strut has blown. The tech would have used the windy gun to do up the top nut with out holding the strut so it has spun on the seal and blown it.

Infotainment is awful and we are being used to beta test with no actual fixes, actually feels like Windows XP all over again. Like I said though I dont want to reject but it is getting close
Golf History 4 x MK2, 2 x MK3, 2 x MK4, 2 x MK5, 1 x MK6, 1 MK7 & MK8 Clubsport

Offline Prospective

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 17 August 2021, 13:30 »
I rejected a polo TDI due to car when slowing down ad lifting off decided to surge forward! Down right dangerous! It also would only do 50 miles before the dpf filter shut the car down into limp home mode!
Each event was recorded with the dealer so after giving them one last try to rectify issues I walked in and gave them the keys- no issues money back no problem!
What I find interesting is the amount of faults on single cars which I find unacceptable! And they are repeating faults!
You all seem to driving test beds for their vehicle!
I have a silver Clubsport, estorils, DCC & HUD imminent it’s in build and having followed the fault threads on here I can’t say I am enthusiastic in joining you as test bed engineers.
Should I bale out now ? I certainly would reject a car with all those faults.

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 17 August 2021, 13:35 »
What software are you on? i had quite a few problem with 1666, but all seems well on 1668

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2021, 13:39 »
The problem I have is I just wanted the dealer to take the car off my hands, I didn't want him to involve VW but he is saying he has to, to cover the negative.

As I mentioned, the dealer is receptive to the idea but says he cannot take a loss which I understand

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2021, 13:39 »
What software are you on? i had quite a few problem with 1666, but all seems well on 1668

I am on 1788

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 17 August 2021, 13:42 »
As is being locked out of the car for 5 days

Sorry, I didn't mean literally locked out of the car, more out of the Infotainment unit  :whistle:
Thought sounded a bit odd
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 17 August 2021, 13:52 »
The problem I have is I just wanted the dealer to take the car off my hands, I didn't want him to involve VW but he is saying he has to, to cover the negative.

As I mentioned, the dealer is receptive to the idea but says he cannot take a loss which I understand

If you've got a solid rejection case, how the dealer mitigates their losses shouldn't be your problem, although if its financed, that muddies the waters a little as officially you bought the car from the finance company, who bought it off the dealership for you.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #19 on: 17 August 2021, 13:53 »
All of the faults apart from the squeaky seat I've seen dozens of others talk about and experienced myself.

If you are going to do this, don't get any current VAG car (not just a Golf, but all of the equivalents).... they are all the same software!!!

The scary thing is that your problematic car will be sold on to someone else. They don't take these out of circulation.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC