Author Topic: Squeaky/creaking door or window rubber seals?  (Read 3270 times)

Offline scottdaryll89

• Just got here
Re: Squeaky/creaking door or window rubber seals?
« Reply #10 on: 14 August 2021, 11:43 »
Do you mean the black one with the the Volkswagen on the bottom? Is so that creaks on mine too but I’m more saying like the door rubber seals when you go over bumps etc

Yes its that trim.

And it doesn't do it when its cold/wet....

Yea you press it and it makes the creak noise doesn’t it.

Ordered both these to give it a try for the small cost, rather than make a trip to the dealer.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 14 August 2021, 21:43 »
Do you mean the black one with the the Volkswagen on the bottom? Is so that creaks on mine too but I’m more saying like the door rubber seals when you go over bumps etc

Yes its that trim.

And it doesn't do it when its cold/wet....

Yea you press it and it makes the creak noise doesn’t it.

Yes!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 14 August 2021, 22:36 »
I know mine is a 7.5 but just had to get this off my chest.. mines at 2.5 years and I've got a creak around the AID binnacle and right hand side dash/wing mirror, seems to be worse if the cars been parked in the sun all day at work, really annoying and I'm contemplating booking it in but what would the dealer do? is taking the dash apart even worse in the end?  didn't have it when I bought it but a few weeks on our crappy UK roads has brought it on.  Also that fan noise, is that normal? only comes on when the car has been in the sun.  Just got to weigh up taking it apart to living with it, shame as otherwise it's as good as new.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 15 August 2021, 08:35 »
Gave mine a going over with the Gummi Pffledge again so I’ll see how that goes.
I’ve order some Krytox and I’ll clean all the seals and apply and then see how it goes.
TBH, it’s not that bad, but the car is so cool in every other way, seems a shame not to perfect the icing on the cake.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline scottdaryll89

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 19 August 2021, 21:24 »
Well I have sprayed the seals with the Vw spray and all the creaks have gone  :laugh: not sure how long it will last but when it goes I will use the other bottle and see how long that lasts.

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 20 August 2021, 10:57 »
It should last forever as long as you don't use any other type of wax / silicone on the rubber seals  :smiley:   It did with mine anyway with a re application every so often.   It's also a good idea to use the rubber treatment on the top felted strips on the doors / window edges and avoid getting any wax / silicone on the felt too.  I've had both the squeaky / creaking doors and also a very annoying noise from the front windows which were both solved with the above thankfully !

I can also confirm that the Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care also works well at curing these creaks.
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007