Author Topic: GTI / ClubSport Niggles  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI / ClubSport Niggles
« Reply #10 on: 22 June 2021, 13:22 »
My brakes sometimes squeak at low speeds. Not always though.

My drivers door has a bit of an annoying noise (assuming seal) by my right ear when it’s sunny. So not too often!

That’s one upside of the simple interior design, there’s less to rattle.
2020 GTI Clubsport
Prior to that a couple dozen other warmed over VWs

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 22 June 2021, 20:44 »
The infotainment fan theory is a good shout, though it definitely sounds more like coil whine than the whir of even a small fan.  I am interested to hear if anyone else hears it.

Can't hear sh1t.... I've either got rather loud music on  :evil: or I'm listening to the creaking groaning sound from the B pillar.

The former drowns out the latter  :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 23 June 2021, 00:31 »

Can't hear sh1t.... I've either got rather loud music on  :evil: or I'm listening to the creaking groaning sound from the B pillar.

The former drowns out the latter  :laugh:
I only hear it after switching the car off - usually when I arrive home late at night, so there's no other sound.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Rudedog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 23 June 2021, 09:36 »
I think I have something similar in my 7.5.  Last week when it was very hot and my car had been sitting out all day in the sun I noticed a faint whirring noise behind the dash, after the AC had been on full for some time it slowed down but then picked up after I had parked up and switched off.  I was worried that something wasn't right as it also sounded like something was hitting the fan (card in spinning bike spokes).

Since the weather has cooled off a bit the noise has gone, it makes sense that there would be a fan just for the Infotainment system.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 23 June 2021, 13:53 »
Not quite golf mk8 but my alpine double din has a cooling fan and yes you can hear it when the car is not running. They can generate a lot of heat.