Author Topic: GTI Clubsport, Season 2, Episode 1  (Read 5038 times)

Offline Foxy367

• GTI forum regular
  • Here All Week
Re: GTI Clubsport, Season 2, Episode 1
« Reply #40 on: 20 June 2021, 20:04 »
Great 6 months review. I’m three days into ownership of my Clubsport so still running it and all the usual restrained driving that goes with it. I came from a mk7.5 GTI performance which I adored but so far I can see the difference the suspension is compliant but stiff I can imagine chucking it down a back road is going to be fun. I’m still not convinced by the front though looks far better than cooking golfs. The rear though looks really good the boot spoiler and the exhaust look really impressive. Still have to explain exactly what it is to none Golf people but that’s not necessarily a bad thing when I want to go incognito. Hoping that my 6 months and beyond will be as trouble free as yours 🤞🏻
Current - 2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
Previously
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Online Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 21 June 2021, 01:24 »
Thanks for the update Exonian.
Great 6 months review. I’m three days into ownership of my Clubsport so still running it and all the usual restrained driving that goes with it. I came from a mk7.5 GTI performance which I adored but so far I can see the difference the suspension is compliant but stiff I can imagine chucking it down a back road is going to be fun. I’m still not convinced by the front though looks far better than cooking golfs. The rear though looks really good the boot spoiler and the exhaust look really impressive. Still have to explain exactly what it is to none Golf people but that’s not necessarily a bad thing when I want to go incognito. Hoping that my 6 months and beyond will be as trouble free as yours 🤞🏻
I don’t know how people can get one of these and not open them up within a few hundred miles. I don’t have the will power to wait.

Is there any reliable info out there saying it needs to be run in for so long? I know a lot of people do it but is it needed?

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 21 June 2021, 22:40 »
no run in period is really necessary according to the VW staff during the handover in germany.
i collected my GTI from VW factory Autostadt.
I asked about the run in period, i was told there is non but they advise me not to push the car to it redline and keep the speed under 200kph on my 250 kilometer drive home  but ultimately i was told the car will not give me full power if its not warm enough because it has got clever engine management
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.