Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 115291 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #40 on: 28 January 2021, 10:17 »
Hmmm I've heard the rumour (it was Yaris GR related) but not seen the evidence yet.

I look forward to hearing from Exonian!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 28 January 2021, 10:28 »

Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #42 on: 28 January 2021, 11:42 »
Should have fitted linglong ditchfinders the 4s give too much grip making a car no fun.  :laugh:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 28 January 2021, 15:06 »
Hmmm I've heard the rumour (it was Yaris GR related) but not seen the evidence yet.

they are slowly becoming available according to Michelin but they are factory fit on the Yaris GR.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 28 January 2021, 15:33 »
Should have fitted linglong ditchfinders the 4s give too much grip making a car no fun.  :laugh:

Bad man  :grin:
Buy site stuff!

Forum Charity

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 28 January 2021, 19:22 »
It would be interesting to see your mk8 with the Reifnitz on.

The car is currently filthy, locked in a garage surrounded by boxes and blocked in by two other cars.
The only time I see it is in darkness and my phone is from 1874 so doesn’t do anything in dimpsy conditions.
A bit like the 135 really, I never got round to taking pics of that.

Yes, they’re 19”. You should know me by now  :laugh:

Edging the car out of the tyre depot I flicked the gear bean into Sport mode, zig-zagged up through the High Street to get some warmth into the tyres immediately noticing the added sharpness to the steering coupled with a luxurious compliancy to the ride. Half a mile later the roads opened up and I buried the throttle and started to slice through the bends feeling just like Benny lapping the ‘Ring, relishing the almost seamless gear-changes as I blasted out of the tighter corners, feeling the tyres dig in with no hint of understeer or so much as a chirp from the inside wheel as all 400Nm were released onto the ribbon of tarmac allowing the EA888 to race to the red line time and again...

Yeah, ok, it was nothing like that actually.
The nice tyre man who didn’t speak much got out of the car and informed me he had reset the tyre pressure thingy which quite impressed me as most settings require a science degree and a bucket load of patience to find and I sincerely doubt he’d spent much time in a mk8 Golf.
I then noticed the radio had decided to throw a wobbly stating that the service was currently unavailable and that I should please wait. Great, could be a quiet ride home then.
Off I set into the traffic noting that the wet windscreen had two parallel lines from fitting rather than the circular suction marks I’d noticed on other new cars I’d driven.
The gentle sploshing of water thrown off the OSF tyre into the driver’s wheel arch and the squeaking of tyres on tyres sitting right behind me on the backs of the folded seats and boot floor were my audio entertainment.
The traffic was pretty steady and slow moving which suited me just fine as I was wary of 100kg of dirty and wet wheels and tyres shifting suddenly and marking my interior trim.
The radio finally sparked into life just as I got home  :rolleyes:
The swastikas were duly unloaded, wiped down with QD and heaved into a corner of the garage. I walked around the car, decided the grey wheels looked like a Euro spec GTI on its winter wheels but noted the arches were filled a lot better. The car was then reversed into its hidey-hole and I went inside for a much needed cuppa.

There, review over!

Oh, 8x19 ET45

Would have saved me a few Bob and with my lack of driving skills I might as well have done but the sidewall profile of the Michelins remind me of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s forehead so that sealed it for me....

Nice pic.

Oh! There’s actually a pic!!
 :laugh:  :kiss:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 28 January 2021, 20:18 »

Nice pic.

Oh! There’s actually a pic!!
 :laugh:  :kiss:

Well.... now it's so easy to add pics... perhaps we will be able to keep up with the car purchases you make this year month  :whistle: :tongue:
Buy site stuff!

Forum Charity

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 28 January 2021, 20:40 »
Trouble is, by the time my blurry smudges get back from the photo developers I’ve already got something else depreciating on the drive.
Confuses the hell out of the neighbours.  :lipsrsealed:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #48 on: 28 January 2021, 21:47 »
Lol flicking the (gear) bean!

I'm keeping that!

I'll put you down as "undecided" on the ride...

Well done for the best laugh I've had this week though  :grin:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #49 on: 26 February 2021, 18:07 »
Washed mine,ready for new wheels tomorrow.

Also fitted new front and rear cameras, front one I had previously was a few years old so decided to replace it and add a rear one too.

Think I’ve now decided to get the roof wrapped too.