Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 110388 times)

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #410 on: 01 June 2021, 08:06 »
Went bouldering up at the roaches last night. The drive home was bloody brilliant. For those that know the buxton to macclesfield “cat n fiddle” - you need to a road trip ! Felt so much more planted compared to my MK7

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #411 on: 01 June 2021, 18:56 »
Went bouldering up at the roaches last night. The drive home was bloody brilliant. For those that know the buxton to macclesfield “cat n fiddle” - you need to a road trip ! Felt so much more planted compared to my MK7
I know it. It is a great drive. Another good one is the run from New Mills to Burnley. The A628 I think. Was up there the first couple of days I had the ClubSport.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #412 on: 03 June 2021, 15:48 »

That’s got to be what the weird slot is for, key fob fits perfectly.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #413 on: 03 June 2021, 16:37 »
Maybe.... my vape fits in there nicely too  :whistle:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #414 on: 03 June 2021, 17:45 »
Door wedge?

Offline massimo23

• Not said much yet
« Reply #415 on: 03 June 2021, 22:49 »
I put my coins in there  :whistle:

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #416 on: 04 June 2021, 17:58 »
Useless nugget #2. Press and hold the view button on the steering wheel. Focus view.

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #417 on: 06 June 2021, 01:29 »
Maybe.... my vape fits in there nicely too  :whistle:
Exactly what I use mine for!  :grin:
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #418 on: 06 June 2021, 07:26 »
Useless nugget #2. Press and hold the view button on the steering wheel. Focus view.

Talking of useless...I tried this yesterday... And then spent about ten minutes of my driving time trying to exit it.    :laugh:

For anyone who hasn't tried it, it's the big single dial mode but it removes the two smaller side displays. Seemed to me that holding the view button didn't put them back and so its back to using the left and right display buttons to select whatever again... Which for some reason i never find easy or reliable....

I've sort of come to terms with the dash display now, it's actually pretty good vs some other oem's.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #419 on: 06 June 2021, 12:09 »

Talking of useless...I tried this yesterday... And then spent about ten minutes of my driving time trying to exit it.    :laugh:

For anyone who hasn't tried it, it's the big single dial mode but it removes the two smaller side displays. Seemed to me that holding the view button didn't put them back and so its back to using the left and right display buttons to select whatever again... Which for some reason i never find easy or reliable....

I've sort of come to terms with the dash display now, it's actually pretty good vs some other oem's.

I tried it today....didn’t like it,but it did go back by holding the view button for me.