Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2764810 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11570 on: 23 July 2021, 12:27 »
Officially cancelled the Tiguan I had on order as after 30 weeks on order there is still no confirmed build date. Got my deposit refunded in full, and earlier this afternoon paid the balloon off on the GTI so it’s staying  ;D  The whole ordeal has been nothing short of shocking and if I didn’t buy the GTI, I would almost certainly not buy another car from those jokers and would have moved brands.

Thought with only 18k miles on it, heavily optioned, and only 11.5k to own it outright (and touch wood - it’s perfect and everything works as it should), that it was better the devil you know. So looks like I’ll be hanging round here for sometime yet.

So it’s mine…all mine

IMO you’ve made the right decision to keep your immaculate, low mileage very well spec’d GTI.

Enjoy it now that it’s 100% yours :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline SionOnTheCob

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11571 on: 24 July 2021, 18:16 »
Bought some diffuser fins but having second thoughts......they're gloss and I'm not convinced it'll go with the valance trim....... perhaps a new valance is the way to go?

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11572 on: 24 July 2021, 19:22 »
Bought some diffuser fins but having second thoughts......they're gloss and I'm not convinced it'll go with the valance trim....... perhaps a new valance is the way to go?

Here’s a handful I took in the last few days! Pictures really don’t do it justice though

Have a look at the Rieger Rear Diffuser (Photo credit to Zain Ahmed) IMO the it's perfect in between for standard GTI and the more extreme TCR, they do gloss black or plain black if you go plain black you need to paint it. I had a previous front Rieger splitter painted low texture black and it matched the original plastics perfectly.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline karlos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11573 on: 24 July 2021, 20:29 »
Just returned from my longest trip in my GTI, a week up in Scotland and well over a thousand miles covered. Car didn't miss a beat, and the ACC combined with comfort mode made the long motorway legs a breeze. It also returned just shy of 43 mpg at a constant 75 mph which is remarkable.

Then on the twisty roads up near the lochs I had a lot of fun with everything in sport mode. Such a joy to drive.

It just proves to me that the GTI is the perfect combination of performance, comfort and economy. Doing that journey in other performance cars I've driven in the past would have left me sore, deaf and skint.

Only downside is that the front of the car is now caked in dead bugs.
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11574 on: 24 July 2021, 21:47 »
Just returned from my longest trip in my GTI, a week up in Scotland and well over a thousand miles covered. Car didn't miss a beat, and the ACC combined with comfort mode made the long motorway legs a breeze. It also returned just shy of 43 mpg at a constant 75 mph which is remarkable.

Then on the twisty roads up near the lochs I had a lot of fun with everything in sport mode. Such a joy to drive.

It just proves to me that the GTI is the perfect combination of performance, comfort and economy. Doing that journey in other performance cars I've driven in the past would have left me sore, deaf and skint.

Only downside is that the front of the car is now caked in dead bugs.

And that's why we buy these cars, the Swiss Army knives of motoring :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SionOnTheCob

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11575 on: 25 July 2021, 08:29 »

Here’s a handful I took in the last few days! Pictures really don’t do it justice though

Have a look at the Rieger Rear Diffuser (Photo credit to Zain Ahmed) IMO the it's perfect in between for standard GTI and the more extreme TCR, they do gloss black or plain black if you go plain black you need to paint it. I had a previous front Rieger splitter painted low texture black and it matched the original plastics perfectly.

Oooooo lovely!! I'll definitely take a look, thanks!

Offline SionOnTheCob

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11576 on: 25 July 2021, 08:37 »
Some small details added while the coffee was brewing this morning :drool:

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11577 on: 25 July 2021, 15:29 »
Went to polish the rear bumper where I removed the mudflaps, realised the paint is damaged because of them so I'll need to get the rear bumper blown in at some point, which will be when stone chip damage takes it.

So just gave the car a good clean inside and out and put a bit more Detail Spray on it as it really helps keep the ceramic clean and polished the exhaust tips.

Also discovered a dent in my drivers door, clearly from someone in another car. I think it's too shallow to fix so I'll just have to live with it.

« Last Edit: 25 July 2021, 16:06 by willni »
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #11578 on: 26 July 2021, 11:02 »
I'm not normally a fan of red cars, but that is honestly stunning.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11579 on: 26 July 2021, 12:51 »
I'm not normally a fan of red cars, but that is honestly stunning.

I regret the red sometimes I think I should've waited for an indium grey or gone white silver again, but it's not a luxury you can afford when buying used and want high spec.

Just prefer a metallic colour really.