Author Topic: 2023 Build Weeks  (Read 8001 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: 2023 Build Weeks
« Reply #20 on: 03 March 2023, 14:07 »
That’s just it, you’ve got to be very single minded to wait for months/years for a car to be built and in that time all sorts could become available.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Beclou

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 13 March 2023, 14:40 »
My cars finally on a ship!!
2023 DSG GTI - White,Pan roof on Adelaide and winter pack

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 13 March 2023, 18:08 »
Not long now then  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Beclou

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 21 March 2023, 14:52 »
As of yesterday she was at the U.K. port 🙌🏽 managed to pick my new reg today although non really had any significance but it’s always worth asking to look at the list available.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 21 March 2023, 21:40 »

How many weeks between build week and now? Trying to gauge how long my S3 might take to get on a ship, sitting at Emden. Going to be car-less after next Monday, so hoping it won't be long.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Beclou

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 21 March 2023, 22:09 »

How many weeks between build week and now? Trying to gauge how long my S3 might take to get on a ship, sitting at Emden. Going to be car-less after next Monday, so hoping it won't be long.

It should have been built on week 6 but was built week 9, it was sat at port on 2/3 so roughly a little over 2 weeks it’s taken to ship but he did say there were delays due to bad weather at sea.
They have said it should be ready for me to collect next week but I reckon more towards the end of this week or the weekend.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 22 March 2023, 13:50 »

It should have been built on week 6 but was built week 9, it was sat at port on 2/3 so roughly a little over 2 weeks it’s taken to ship but he did say there were delays due to bad weather at sea.
They have said it should be ready for me to collect next week but I reckon more towards the end of this week or the weekend.

Thanks. Dealership got a delivery yesterday and my car wasn't among them. Asked salesman to check build weeks of the cars that arrived and see what mine was e.g. if BW9 cars turned up and mine is BW10, probably will be on next ship...I think I fried his brain with that request.  :grin:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 22 March 2023, 16:13 »
What are the current VAG ships from Emden to Tyne/Grimsby/Sheerness? Used to be City of Rome, City of Paris, City of Rotterdam. Might have to do some ship stalking, as if it'll nake the car come any quicker!  :grin:

Offline Tractor Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 22 March 2023, 18:50 »
When I got mine I was told it was roughly one month from confirmed build week to dealer door.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 22 March 2023, 22:11 »
When I got mine I was told it was roughly one month from confirmed build week to dealer door.

When you're at a dealer close to the UK port of ingress, you'll generally get them a lot quicker. I live about 2 miles from Port of Tyne and the local Pulman/Lookers dealers get their cars from the Port in 3-5 days.

Grimsby Audi told me they get the same timeframes from Port to dealership so hopefully a week or 2 shaved off for me (for those that have been following my S3 purchase, no longer buying from Belfast, I'm getting one from Grimsby, too much red tape faff from NI to GB.