Author Topic: Oil Level Warning  (Read 637 times)

Brian84

Oil Level Warning
« on: 08 June 2022, 20:49 »
Hi everyone

I’m probably going to ask a really stupid question but I’m a natural worrier  :embarrassed:

Today when I was out the check oil level warning came on, (2018 GTD) went to my Volkswagen garage and bought the correct oil for it, I checked the dipstick and to be fair it was on the minimum but now I’ve topped it up the light is still on.  Is there something else am missing, or should I just run the car for a couple of days and see if it goes out or just get it booked into the garage?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: Oil Level Warning
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2022, 22:16 »
Assuming you topped your oil up when the engine was hot, give it to the morning to fully cool then check it and top it up again and go from there.

No such thing as a silly question, especially when it comes to your engine oil level.

I know of someone that had their brand new Audi S5 oil topped up by a young buck in Halfords (Don't know why they went there). Topped it right up to the oil cap, a new £7k engine later and one sacked employee and the car was running great!
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Brian84

« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2022, 22:24 »
Thank you so much willni!

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2022, 22:25 »
Was it flashing or on?

Brian84

« Reply #4 on: 08 June 2022, 22:43 »
It was a message on the dashboard saying check oil level and then it just went to the small yellow  warning triangle

« Last Edit: 09 June 2022, 07:41 by Brian84 »