Author Topic: Seat comfort issue  (Read 2575 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Seat comfort issue
« Reply #20 on: 05 June 2022, 16:25 »
Since @Oryx3dr started this discussion thread, I’ve been experimenting with different seating positions as I also struggled with finding a comfortable driving position.

Initially, I had the seat height quite low and the backrest lumbar adjustment set to its firmest setting. I currently have the seat height raised up quite a bit higher than I did previously, the lumber adjustment almost at its softest setting, the backrest slightly more upright and the seat one notch further back on its runners. I’ve also raised the steering wheel slightly. I’d say it’s definitely an improvement - for me anyway. It’s not perfect, but with a bit more fiddling and perseverance, I think I might get there.

I wonder what the dealership will think when I take my car in for its next service and I ask them under no circumstances to alter the seating position :grin: :whistle:. I don’t want to go through months of discomfort and having to find a comfortable position because someone at the dealer’s has adjusted the seat to suit them, just to move my car in and out of their workshop.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 05 June 2022, 16:36 »
I've also been playing with the seat a little bit and whilst it's getting better slightly, I'm still getting a numb bum on longer trips! Contantly needing to just shuffle in the seat slightly to get a bit of blood moving around. I think my issue might also be the seat height now that I think about it, going to keep playing and hope for the best.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

chopper216

« Reply #22 on: 05 June 2022, 17:06 »
Keep us posted on what works, I’ll try changing mine around too, thankfully I don’t do many trips longer than 30 mins or so.