Author Topic: Other interesting cars you own  (Read 8281 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Re: Other interesting cars you own
« Reply #40 on: 31 May 2022, 09:36 »
Yeah, maybe that's true. I always think of the rear seat as somewhere for my dog to sit, so no rear seats always equals no storage in my mind at first thought

Depends how big your dog is first of all. It's a problem that many have encountered before. I remembered a Rennlist thread from a year or so ago and someone was pretty committed. I've tended to use a harness to ensure the little guy isn't flung around but tend to prefer to take the CSS - fun but he has a basket and a bit more space.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 31 May 2022, 09:54 »

Are you thinking 718 or 981 if you go GT4? I passed on my build slot for a 718, thought of switching to Spyder but I object to having to spend the sort of money you need to get the sound fixed on the 718. 718 feels like a cynical marketing exercise - bit like what BMW did with the 1M. It started off as a skunkworks project and then just turned into cynically capitalising on the cache of the first.

I think if I had one to do it all, a 991.2 GT3 Touring would be it for me. Prices are absurd on all of this at the moment though.

Oh man - how could you turn down a build slot? 😭

I have owned a 981 so would want to try the 718.

Agree with you about the GT3 Touring. Gorgeous.

TBF, I didn't turn it down, I said I'd rather have it transferred to an RS build slot.  :cool:

I don't think the 718 moved the game on enough for me TBH. I've had a full Manthey conversion done to mine so as 'objective' measures go, it gets round in the same time and most of the aero advantage on the 982 comes in at speeds that the car would rarely see on the public road. The rest of the differences are all relatively subjective, certainly not night and day. Still love the looks of the 718 Spyder though but would have to change the exhaust. Doesn't have much emotion or character. Sign of the times.

Any plans to get a 718 in the garage?

Offline zainahmed48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 31 May 2022, 21:55 »

Here is our BMW E31 840ci Sport, 4.4 V8

My dad is really into his classic cars so he also has 3 project cars he is working on at the moment (no pictures on this phone sorry!): MK1 Jensen Interceptor, MK2 Ford Cortina 1600 GT, and a Mercedes-Benz 250CE Coupe
2018 Indium Grey MK7.5 GTi (Manual), 19" Brescia

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 01 June 2022, 06:10 »

My dad is really into his classic cars so he also has 3 project cars he is working on at the moment (no pictures on this phone sorry!): MK1 Jensen Interceptor, MK2 Ford Cortina 1600 GT, and a Mercedes-Benz 250CE Coupe

Nice collection! I love an Interceptor and the MK1s definitely have the best interiors. What's the E31 like to drive/own?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 01 June 2022, 17:00 »

Your dad sounds awesome.   :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline zainahmed48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #45 on: 01 June 2022, 22:18 »
Your dad sounds awesome.   :cool:

Nice collection! I love an Interceptor and the MK1s definitely have the best interiors. What's the E31 like to drive/own?

Cheers lads! My dad has had his fair share of cars all his life so I guess that’s where I get my passion from  :grin: @Watts I agree with you! Absolutely timeless classic.

The E31 is amazing to own, despite its extremely low fuel economy it always brings a smile out whenever driving. I’ve driven it a few times and I think it’s fair to say that for its time I doubt anything felt as good!

The only difficult things come as part of maintenance due to its age but as long as they are taken care of problems only really arise once in a blue moon. I would definitely recommend owning one if you ever come across the opportunity, whether the 840 (4.4 V8) or the 850 (5.0 V12).
2018 Indium Grey MK7.5 GTi (Manual), 19" Brescia

Offline JB73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 24 June 2022, 19:54 »
Hi, I’ve recently purchased my first VW, a 2019 GTI performance pack but here’s my other car

Cheers Jason

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 24 June 2022, 20:56 »
Lovely Cossie JB  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 29 June 2022, 10:55 »
Would not call it interesting as such but we have a lot of love for our 14 plate A1 S Line Black Edition Mythos Black 185 BHP S Tronic

Its the perfect second car, lovely smooth engine and changes, extremely nippy, and on the rotor 18" wheels with privacy glass, really looks the part, nice and stealthy, and the cabin materials are so much better than the present A1 models.

My S Line A3 were a little hard in ride, but this A1 is quite smooth and more so now we have put P Zero all around and economy is excellent.

My only criticism, and that's likely as come from the TCR, is that the steering could be a little tighter, its perfect for the around town, but when come to some of favourite roads its a little more vague than used to.

Due to previous owner not doing many miles and lockdown, plus its own 2 nd car duties, its only done 20,000 miles, and we were going to sale to raise part of the funds to keep the TCR, but now that's not an option, can see us keeping it for quite a while yet, though wife keeps talking TT and so there maybe on a whim exchange in a few years? in which case, someone would be getting such a good car for quite small money given age, but not use.

Sure we not unique, imagine there is loads of circa 10 year cars out there with FSH and little mileage, and so great purchases for a fraction of original cost, but same driving experience as when drove off forecourt.

« Last Edit: 29 June 2022, 12:50 by Hertsman »
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 13 July 2022, 10:05 »
Would not call it interesting as such but we have a lot of love for our 14 plate A1 S Line Black Edition Mythos Black 185 BHP S Tronic

Its the perfect second car, lovely smooth engine and changes, extremely nippy, and on the rotor 18" wheels with privacy glass, really looks the part, nice and stealthy, and the cabin materials are so much better than the present A1 models.

My S Line A3 were a little hard in ride, but this A1 is quite smooth and more so now we have put P Zero all around and economy is excellent.

My only criticism, and that's likely as come from the TCR, is that the steering could be a little tighter, its perfect for the around town, but when come to some of favourite roads its a little more vague than used to.

Due to previous owner not doing many miles and lockdown, plus its own 2 nd car duties, its only done 20,000 miles, and we were going to sale to raise part of the funds to keep the TCR, but now that's not an option, can see us keeping it for quite a while yet, though wife keeps talking TT and so there maybe on a whim exchange in a few years? in which case, someone would be getting such a good car for quite small money given age, but not use.

Sure we not unique, imagine there is loads of circa 10 year cars out there with FSH and little mileage, and so great purchases for a fraction of original cost, but same driving experience as when drove off forecourt.

Looks lovely, good to see some enthusiasm for smaller cars. A shame they never did a true S1 in the spirit of the Group B car. Think Clubsport S in A1 guise and 250bhp.

Having said that, I don't think anything like that will ever happen having watched a woman in a car park yesterday manoeuvring an RS Q8 (perfectly competently) but it was like watching a yacht dock and even then, it was hanging half a metre over the end of the bay. Contrast made worse by the fact that she must have been all of 5ft 6-8in and was on her own. I'm surprised she didn't get lost in it.