Author Topic: MkVI Alloys  (Read 5996 times)

Offline davoaj

• GTI forum regular
MkVI Alloys
« on: 06 June 2009, 15:37 »
Having driven one today with the 18" shadows, I just don't think the car suits them as well as the MkV did.

I know someone is planning on putting the interlagos 18's on it off the rocco, but has anyone else gone after market or planning to do so once they get their MkVI?

Be intrigued to see what people are going for.

Cheers

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: MkVI Alloys
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2009, 16:38 »
Having driven one today with the 18" shadows, I just don't think the car suits them as well as the MkV did.

I know someone is planning on putting the interlagos 18's on it off the rocco, but has anyone else gone after market or planning to do so once they get their MkVI?

Be intrigued to see what people are going for.

Cheers

The mk5 didnt have the shadows.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2009, 18:31 »
That someone is me :) I'm not usually that bothered about wheels, but the stock GTI rims, either 17 or 18" are particularly nasty, IMHO, so I've already got a set of Interlagos waiting in the garage ready to be fitted as soon as the car is delivered.

The stock 18" look as if the driver has just driven through a pool of tar :D

Offline davoaj

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2009, 19:22 »
Thanks for the pedantic response VWKev. Anything constructive to add? Thought not.

Anyway, the shadows and Monza II's are a similar design, I think that the overall visual effect of the wheels was better suited to the MkV.

Look forward to seeing yours with the interlagos 's on it FroGTI, when is it due?

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2009, 19:49 »
Not until mid August unfortunately. I ordered the very first day it became available on the French market (May 1), but will still have to wait 3 1/2 months :(

I will post pix as soon as I can.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2009, 23:54 »
Thanks for the pedantic response VWKev. Anything constructive to add? Thought not.

Anyway, the shadows and Monza II's are a similar design, I think that the overall visual effect of the wheels was better suited to the MkV.

Look forward to seeing yours with the interlagos 's on it FroGTI, when is it due?

Sorry Davoaj, your right it wasnt very constructive at all.

I like the monza shadows and wont change for the moment (when I get my gti) but I was seriously thinking about these...

http://www.rimstyle.com/products/detail/?category=wheel_tyre_packages;type=bbs_ch_gb;manufacturer=bbs;model=286;id=BBSCHGB1980805112505012900

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2009, 10:13 »
not into black wheels that much but when its done with taste on the right car they look great and they will especially on a white gti.I liked the ones that are simalar but are more graphite in colour on that gti street car, i could be tempted with those
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Peskarik

« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2009, 10:54 »

Sorry Davoaj, your right it wasnt very constructive at all.

I like the monza shadows and wont change for the moment (when I get my gti) but I was seriously thinking about these...

http://www.rimstyle.com/products/detail/?category=wheel_tyre_packages;type=bbs_ch_gb;manufacturer=bbs;model=286;id=BBSCHGB1980805112505012900

every second GTI has BBS CH... how boring!
I'd say buy Etabeta Jofiel X. These are unusual and good looking.

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #8 on: 10 June 2009, 19:29 »
I think the Charleston wheel (optional 18" on Mk5 GT models) would suit the new GTi (and the Mk5 also) but you can't spec it from new. I wish they had come up with a totally different design for the Mk6 GTi wheels to be honest. Would of set it apart from the Mk5. 

EDIT: Oh and for the record, the GTi should have 18" Monza Shadows as STANDARD not as an option  :angry:
« Last Edit: 10 June 2009, 19:31 by dubcruiser »
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Jkctr

« Reply #9 on: 10 June 2009, 19:47 »
Im going to be boring and get some CH's. Always said i would if i ever bought german  :drool:

Dont think there is a better alloy more suited to the Golf!

I do like the new GTi wheels though!