Author Topic: Time to move on  (Read 929 times)

Offline STmichael

• Not said much yet
Time to move on
« on: 20 July 2021, 14:12 »
Hello, today is my last day as a GTD owner. Tomorrow I pick up an Audi A3 Edition 1. The golf has by far been the best all round car I have owned and will be very sadly missed but let’s hope the A3 fills the gap! The car has been absolutely faultless and just at the weekend I travelled from the northeast down to Silverstone and could not think of a better car to munch the motorway miles. The journey was an absolute pleasure.
Although I did not show much presence on the forum I did regularly check in to see what was going on and will continue to do so.
I wish you all the best with your future motoring and smiles per miles!

Michael
GTD drivers know best!

Offline sjw

• I live here
Re: Time to move on
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2021, 16:02 »
What's making you change if you love the GTD and are not sure the A3 can follow? Just fancy it? :)

Offline STmichael

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2021, 18:12 »
Golf came to the end of its lease. Fancied a change as never go for the same car again straight away. I really like the aggressive styling of the new A3 especially with the black pack instead of the chrome compared to the mk8.
GTD drivers know best!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2021, 18:47 »
My son has a leased A3 1.5 TSI S-Line DSG and loves it.
What engine and gearbox combo have you gone for Michael?
I’ve not driven my lad’s A3 but have sat in it and it’s a nice place to be.
You’ll need to retrofit a proper previous generation Audi 12v power socket cover as you just get a plain black plastic one in the new cars. It’s the small details…
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline STmichael

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2021, 20:14 »
Same combo as your son. The golf is DSG and I love it so did not want to go back to a manual. Thanks for the heads up on the 12V socket. I’ve heard there has been a bit of penny pinching from the old model to the latest generation but I suppose all the manufacturers are doing the same!
GTD drivers know best!