Author Topic: Buying advice mk7.5 GTI PP DSG  (Read 1956 times)

Offline KieranD79

• Not said much yet
Buying advice mk7.5 GTI PP DSG
« on: 19 July 2021, 16:52 »
Hi all,

Long term lurker just needing a bit of advice.  :smiley:

I currently have a well loved Mk6 GTI in Carbon Grey, 19" Glendale's, Leather, Bi-Zenons, Cruise, RNS510 Nav etc etc but after 7 years I now want to upgrade to a Mk7.5 PP DSG but I'm having arguments with myself about what spec to be realistic about.

Since the mk7.5 comes with a lot of kit anyway, LED lights, front assist, rear cam etc, I don't have a massive wish list but the thing that is really bothering me is Dynaudio.  I really would like it but it seems rare to find it in combination with Leather and in a colour I want (Induim Grey or Isaac Blue) and I have no experience of it as my Mk6 doesn't have it.  Plenty I've seen for sale have leather, panoramic roofs (which I'm not bothered about) and 19" wheels but no Dynaudio.

So is it really worth hanging about for 'the one' that has Leather and Dynaudio?  Would fitting the Helix plug and play system be good enough, anyone compared the two?

I have seen one with Leather and Discover Pro 9.2" without Dynaudio but is that a decent sacrifice just to have the Discover Pro over the standard head unit... I don't know!   :undecided:

Anyway, sorry to ramble... just hoping someone can give me a reality check!

Thanks in advance  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 19 July 2021, 18:01 by KieranD79 »
2019 Mk7.5 GTI PP, DSG, Indium Grey, Arts Velour, 90% tints, Brescia’s

Gone but not forgotten - 2012 Mk6 GTI, Manual, Carbon Grey, Leather, RNS510 Nav, Bi-xenons, Glendale’s, Lux Pack, Cruise

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
Re: Buying advise mk7.5 GTI PP DSG
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2021, 17:21 »
Definitely worth having imo   I have it on my indium grey 7,5 performance only difference is that you are after the leather interior and I have  the arts velour interior  hope you get sorted

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: Buying advise mk7.5 GTI PP DSG
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2021, 17:56 »
Having had a GTD with the Helix Sub & amp and a GTI with the Dynaudio I can say that the Dynaudio is better, but by only 10-15% but that's probably because I never turned my Helix sub up that loud.

Plus if you're adding a Helix it's only one extra step to add a reversing camera  :wink:

Also I don't suppose the Glendales will be coming off your mk6?  :whistle:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline KieranD79

• Not said much yet
Re: Buying advice mk7.5 GTI PP DSG
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2021, 18:06 »
Sadly the Glendale’s will be going with the Mk6, sorry.  :smiley:

I will most probably be selling the Mk6, don’t really want to trade it in and it end up at auction somewhere.

Ok, useful comments from both, thanks.

I’m guessing the Discover Pro is ‘t that much on a ‘big’ deal then other than being able to have maps on active info dash and the HU at the same time?
« Last Edit: 19 July 2021, 18:08 by KieranD79 »

Gone but not forgotten - 2012 Mk6 GTI, Manual, Carbon Grey, Leather, RNS510 Nav, Bi-xenons, Glendale’s, Lux Pack, Cruise

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2021, 18:35 »
My Issac Blue GTI PP DSG will be up for sale in the next month with Dynaudio, Bressica's, rear camera, keyless and DCC. 31/32K miles.
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2021, 19:33 »
Sadly the Glendale’s will be going with the Mk6, sorry.  :smiley:

I will most probably be selling the Mk6, don’t really want to trade it in and it end up at auction somewhere.

Ok, useful comments from both, thanks.

I’m guessing the Discover Pro is ‘t that much on a ‘big’ deal then other than being able to have maps on active info dash and the HU at the same time?

Shame I love the mk6 in general especially those with the Glendales.

They'll be both very similar for you, I prefer the standard radio but that's more being I navigated it with the dials to avoid fingerprints but the Discover Pro is nicer looking.

You can have maps on both at the same time on both radios, you just have you use google maps on the main screen and VW Maps on the dials. I use google maps for driving somewhere but if I'm going for a spirited drive I use the VW Maps on the dials as a sort of Video Game HUD.

Leather or Art Velours and DSG are the only real options that make a big difference IMO.

Dynamic Chassis Control, Climate Windscreen, Matrix headlights w/ Light Assist, Discover Pro are the rarer options

Leather, Dynaudio, Pan Roof, Rear Camera, Keyless Entry, Park Assist are the more common options.

FYI if you haven't seen Isaac Blue in person it is a very striking colour in person and one of my favourites  :smiley:

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline KieranD79

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2021, 19:53 »
My Issac Blue GTI PP DSG will be up for sale in the next month with Dynaudio, Bressica's, rear camera, keyless and DCC. 31/32K miles.

When you thinking of selling your GTI PP? 🙂

Out of interest does it have front assist and the dynamic headlights.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2021, 20:14 »
Just get the best one you can get, I simply love mine, been lucky enough to own some top marque cars but the GTI is simply the best.😎
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 02 August 2021, 09:10 »

When you thinking of selling your GTI PP? 🙂

Out of interest does it have front assist and the dynamic headlights.

It'll be this month that it goes.
The car has the standard headlights (LED) and I think front assist was standard.
It's also just had new rear Michelin PS4S's fitted last week and the fronts were new in April.
« Last Edit: 02 August 2021, 09:12 by Arnold_Lane »
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Pete-r36

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 02 August 2021, 21:57 »
I originally wanted dynaudio but as mentioned above I chose the better car in terms of condition, age, miles etc and originally felt I’d have to go aftermarket having had some medium/high end systems before but 2 months in I don’t feel the need.

I also looked at an art velour car and really liked it especially the doorcards and armrest but again go for the best example. The tartan is fantastic too.