Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2790522 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10260 on: 17 May 2020, 16:01 »
Painted both the brake disc hubs and edges in VHT paint as they had started to rust. Quite pleased with how it turned out. Excuse the rusty disc faces, I washed the car afterwards and only moved it 4 feet so the pads haven’t had time to scrape the discs clean yet..

« Last Edit: 17 May 2020, 22:19 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #10261 on: 18 May 2020, 10:43 »
The torque steer was a bit unexpected, hence the post!
Despite running various engine tunes on previous VW’s I’d not experienced torque steer to any significant degree since my much missed Polo G40 24 years ago.

Snicked the lever back to engage S mode around 40mph, hit the go pedal to overtake a dawdler, the gearbox  selected third, and hey presto: torque steer.

You say that, but after a few weeks of not driving my GTD (been using the nearest car to the driveway exit), the other day i got a little heavy footed out of a slowish corner and she had a little bite at me.

Tyre pressures and tyres all good but she can be a handful and that's easy to forget when you drive it all of the time and remember it can do that.

Nothing else on my driveway has that amount of torque waiting to ambush you.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #10262 on: 18 May 2020, 11:08 »
The torque steer was a bit unexpected, hence the post!
Despite running various engine tunes on previous VW’s I’d not experienced torque steer to any significant degree since my much missed Polo G40 24 years ago.

Snicked the lever back to engage S mode around 40mph, hit the go pedal to overtake a dawdler, the gearbox  selected third, and hey presto: torque steer.

You say that, but after a few weeks of not driving my GTD (been using the nearest car to the driveway exit), the other day i got a little heavy footed out of a slowish corner and she had a little bite at me.

Tyre pressures and tyres all good but she can be a handful and that's easy to forget when you drive it all of the time and remember it can do that.

Nothing else on my driveway has that amount of torque waiting to ambush you.

My '56 plate Passat 2.0 TDI with the 150bhp engine used to love to spin up the wheels if you were a bit heavy with your right foot. Ran it from new for 5 years as a company car and at one point, I was doing loads of town driving and went through a set of front tyres in under 10k  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #10263 on: 18 May 2020, 12:28 »
Was up and out yesterday at 8 am to find some 'open space'. Enjoying a last drive or 2 over the next few weeks before my GTI 'ownership' ends. Think I will miss this Golf...

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #10264 on: 18 May 2020, 12:32 »
Was up and out yesterday at 8 am to find some 'open space'. Enjoying a last drive or 2 over the next few weeks before my GTI 'ownership' ends. Think I will miss this Golf...

Have you bought it’s replacement  :smiley:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #10265 on: 18 May 2020, 14:30 »

Have you bought it’s replacement  :smiley:

Sticking with a company car, getting a new 330e.
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #10266 on: 18 May 2020, 15:11 »
Feels like a while since I've been on.

Washed the GTI a few times over the last 6-7 weeks only due to the pollen and dust as she hasn't really moved much.

But did finally get round to replacing the seals on the Turbo Technics Intake pipe.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10267 on: 18 May 2020, 18:51 »

What a great photo
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10268 on: 19 May 2020, 13:02 »
Living in an apartment and not being able to wash my car during lockdown I've had a local valet company come and give my Golf the once over today now that they are back in business.   :smiley:

2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10269 on: 19 May 2020, 13:08 »
That looks a nice job they done there TippEx
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.