Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 383465 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2170 on: 04 April 2014, 10:21 »
Well after driving an R8v8 ive made my mind up at long last. :evil:
This year is cut down to two cars (daily and classic) then save for a secondhand R8v10  :nerd:
saw one at the local tesco's parked right at the top of the car park where I park looked stunning get pics up when you get it  :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2171 on: 04 April 2014, 11:00 »
Well after driving an R8v8 ive made my mind up at long last! (About time) :evil:
This year is cut down to two cars (daily and classic) then save for a secondhand R8v10  :nerd:

I'd be quite happy with a V8! Awesome cars and i'd absolutely love to own one! :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2172 on: 04 April 2014, 12:40 »
Well after driving an R8v8 ive made my mind up at long last! (About time) :evil:

I'd be quite happy with a V8! Awesome cars and i'd absolutely love to own one! :cool:

Me too, I'd love one.  Totally impractical for my needs though  :cry:
I see three R8s around my way regularly and always leaves me wanting one.  Guess I'll have to make do with an R.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2173 on: 04 April 2014, 13:01 »
Now cars like that don't really do it for me. That's not to say that I don't appreciate them tho'. I guess it's because they are hugely impractical so would only be used as a fourth or fifth car for special treats. I don't (or ever will) have the funds to support a fleet of cars for every occasion, so I keep my aspirations fairly realistic.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2174 on: 04 April 2014, 18:42 »
I might get one a few years down the line, unfortunately most of the examples anywhere near my current price range have had hard lives! I'd need to spend 50k+ to get one i'd be happy with!  :sick:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2175 on: 17 April 2014, 14:54 »
Mercedes A45 AMG?......not really. 

Finally seen one in the flesh today, a white one in my dentist's car park.  It did look rather stunning, much better than in pics.  It's a little too showy for my taste though and I not a big fan of enclosed tailpipes.  Was seduced for about a second until I remembered the ridiculous price tag for a well specced one.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2176 on: 17 April 2014, 16:20 »

Finally seen one in the flesh today, a white one in my dentist's car park.  It did look rather stunning, much better than in pics.  It's a little too showy for my taste though and I not a big fan of enclosed tailpipes.  Was seduced for about a second until I remembered the ridiculous price tag for a well specced one.
get the R booth if I had the dough that would be my next purchase :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2177 on: 17 April 2014, 18:24 »

get the R booth if I had the dough that would be my next purchase :smiley:

I will charlie.  The AMG was pretty, but I like the boring looks of the R  :grin:

And £42k plus for a hatchback..........nah.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2178 on: 17 April 2014, 20:53 »
I'd be tempted by the new Audi S3. Seems to have got a real good reception and I like the way it's so understated for the performance on offer (although I'd have to change those quad exhausts for oval twin exits or similar. Four exhausts on a hatchback just never looks right to me, even on the Golf R).

This is a while away though, having just one my GTI less than two months and having to wait until some second hand examples at my price point come up. For now I'm more than enjoying the GTI  :grin:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #2179 on: 17 April 2014, 22:20 »
I sat in one of those A classes the other day. I really like the looks of them from the outside but I found it awfully claustrophobic, cramped and small inside. I suppose at 6ft 1 I'm quite tall but hardly enormous and I wouldn't be happy owning one long term. Despite having dismissed the Mk6 R I drove the other day as too expensive for an obsolete model I still only see me buying another Golf or a 1 series next time, having now dismissed that Mercedes.
Still, it's remap time finally next week so I'm hoping that dismisses any new car urges that I'm having at the moment for another couple of years!!