Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 383459 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1400 on: 29 October 2012, 21:28 »
Looks great Martin, good job! :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Jimmymature

« Reply #1401 on: 29 October 2012, 21:52 »
Four wheel drive is great I'm a fan. If your after a vag group car with some proper power then it's a must and they go great in all weathers but they still understear far earlier than a well set up rear wheel drive car. We all know this.

:huh: ummm... have you driven an Audi Quattro with Sports Differential? Are you saying all the reviews on this system are wrong?

Did you watch the youtube video of the BMW 1 series oversteering - in an instant - into the parked cars in the wet? :shocked:

I would not want to be driving a car that is so tail happy in poor weather. But, as they say, it's your funeral.

Sorry mate but that M1 crashing wasnt over-steer as such, it was a result of wet conditions and probobly foot to the floor. You wouldn't say an F1 car oversteered just because it would spin out if it did the same as the M1 did.

One thing for sure is that fast cars shouldn't under-steer... You never hear a car reviewer saying, loved the understeer.....

Jim

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1402 on: 29 October 2012, 22:52 »
Four wheel drive is great I'm a fan. If your after a vag group car with some proper power then it's a must and they go great in all weathers but they still understear far earlier than a well set up rear wheel drive car. We all know this.

:huh: ummm... have you driven an Audi Quattro with Sports Differential? Are you saying all the reviews on this system are wrong?

Did you watch the youtube video of the BMW 1 series oversteering - in an instant - into the parked cars in the wet? :shocked:

I would not want to be driving a car that is so tail happy in poor weather. But, as they say, it's your funeral.

I have driven one,yes. It was very capable, but very dull, I think I like to be driving my car not the computer but if that's what you like then go for gold, I'm sure you will have a very average time.

I did see that video yes, but I didn't need to I see it all the time on the m6. BMW flying off all over the place at the slightest hint of drizzle, there famous for it, I must have been lucky.

As I said before I like 4x4 it's great but not much fun. It's what you want to get out of a car and for me I just need a little more satisfaction than 4x4 can give me.
I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1403 on: 30 October 2012, 13:27 »
I think I like to be driving my car not the computer

What is needed here is an old car for sh1ts and giggles (E30 BMW, MX5 etc) and a safe modern hatch for the other 95% of the time when you are not able to enjoy the drive.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1404 on: 31 October 2012, 15:14 »
went to look at the tiguan today. nice enough car but i thought it was pretty expensive for what it was. 4motion is extra and i cant see the point in a car like that without having 4wd. the demo was over £33k. thats ridiculous money.

the octavia vrs blackline is by far the best value new car at the moment and very tempted by one. 20% vat off, £500 off that price and then 3yr 0% and 3yr servicing and its a very good spec.

i think i will keep mine another year then bin both our cars for 1 family car and a toy for myself.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1405 on: 01 November 2012, 14:17 »
went to look at the tiguan today. nice enough car but i thought it was pretty expensive for what it was. 4motion is extra and i cant see the point in a car like that without having 4wd. the demo was over £33k. thats ridiculous money.

We had the same when changing Mrs Docs Tiguan R Line so we went to Skoda and bought a brand new top spec Yeti 4x4 DSG TDI with pan roof, xenons, sound pack, elec memory seats, nappa leather, self park thingy, heated sreen etc for £25000

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #1406 on: 01 November 2012, 15:25 »
My mates looking for a TDI 140 BHP his Budget £7k ? Would be able to get one for that kind of money ? :undecided:
« Last Edit: 02 November 2012, 11:19 by Steve30 »

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1407 on: 01 November 2012, 15:38 »
My mates looking for a TDI 140 BHP his Budget £6000,500 ? Would be able to get one for that kind of money ? :undecided:

TDI140 what?

ie Golf 5 or 6 or yeti or tiggy?
« Last Edit: 01 November 2012, 15:46 by The Doc »

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1408 on: 01 November 2012, 18:17 »
He'd get into a nice Golf 5 for that, but I suspect it would be pre-facelift without the GTI style bumpers unless it's really leggy.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1409 on: 01 November 2012, 18:30 »

We had the same when changing Mrs Docs Tiguan R Line so we went to Skoda and bought a brand new top spec Yeti 4x4 DSG TDI with pan roof, xenons, sound pack, elec memory seats, nappa leather, self park thingy, heated sreen etc for £25000

thats a pretty huge spec for the money. you cant beat skoda for value and hight spec.

was out in my car today for a north york moors blat and was left wanting to set fire to the thing. really disappointing car.

interior squeaks, rattles, groans were driving me up the wall.

going to look at  megane cup 265 tomorrow. :evil:
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver