Author Topic: This isnt a project thread- Audi A4 derv  (Read 21032 times)

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Re: This isnt a project thread- Audi A4 derv
« Reply #30 on: 07 February 2012, 12:10 »
Right, so the overhang appears to be around 25mm max. I have spoken to a few people who have said lowering a car usually drags the wheel in a little. Does anyone know how much a 50mm drop will drag in the wheel? If its only 10mm that would mean running a stretched tyre in combo should make me legal as it will only require 20mm reduction in width.

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #31 on: 15 April 2012, 11:57 »
Ok so I sold the merc wheels to pay for easter as funding was incredibly low (needed money for the golf innit) but have now got my student loan through....now chasing a set of black bbs ch reps  :evil:

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #32 on: 13 August 2013, 15:47 »
After giving my girl no TLC since the last update a lot has happened. Both front wishbone bushing and push rod bushings have gone almost completely, cv joint is a knocking like hell, rear trailing bushings were completely shot (you could push the back end side to side, it was awefull) and a rear damper was 'weaping', which actually fell apart into 4 separate pieces once the spring was removed.

Bushings needed burning out and then pulling with the aid of a windy gun and a puller

A very bouncy ride for the past few months is explained above.

Ordered all front controll arms but aren't here after ordering 2 weeks ago  :angry: :angry:

Two new front tyres to go on soon also.

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #33 on: 23 August 2013, 09:57 »
Replace all these

One of the very few jobs where in the future I would simply send it to a garage to sort, absolutely awful job. Oxycet bolts off, dropping sub frames and removing suspension struts for hours and hours.  :cry: but all done now  :wink:

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #34 on: 03 September 2013, 20:33 »
Full bill of health from the MOT man, 6 months tax and soon to be another years insurance at a very decent £300. My bike transportation device is ready to go!  :evil:

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #35 on: 12 September 2013, 07:51 »
Sent it to a local bloke to swap out a wheel bearing that was making a bonkers noise... went to pick up the car and the quotes 'worst I have ever seen', 'suprised your wheel didn't fall off' and 'completely f**ked' where made in the 2 minute conversation with the mechanic.  :lipsrsealed: :grin: :grin:

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #36 on: 18 September 2013, 13:06 »
Really really want to do some cosmetic stuff to this car to make this thread worth even half reading, but unfortunately stuff keeps f**king up. Rear wheel bearing gone pop.