Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627147 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #310 on: 21 April 2013, 17:47 »
Snow foamed the car.

kept the pics small so I don't get any criticism of my handy cleaning skills :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #311 on: 21 April 2013, 22:24 »
Let me get the magnifying glass, how small are those pics  :laugh:

How did you find the snow foam?  It can take a bit of messing to get the consistency right but think it does make cleaning easier and less to get off with the sponge mitt.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline mark@vorny.co.uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #312 on: 21 April 2013, 22:26 »
Snow foamed and the usual cleaning regime.

I cleaned the chrome tailpipes using a recent ebay purchase. Put one of these, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400125396592?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649, into an electric drill with a bit of Autosol and saved much time in getting all the black staining off  :smiley:

2012 GTi 3 door, DSG, Nav, Roof, Monza's. Candy White..... and it's the wife's.
2013 Abarth 595, 2013 911 C4S.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #313 on: 22 April 2013, 06:10 »
Good find, Mothers do a ball design one too but far more expensive.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #314 on: 22 April 2013, 16:28 »

How did you find the snow foam?  It can take a bit of messing to get the consistency right but think it does make cleaning easier and less to get off with the sponge mitt.
sorry about the pics my computer skills have a lot to answer for I'm loving the snow foam and the sponge I mean mitt is ace should of done it years ago I'm converted  :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
« Reply #315 on: 22 April 2013, 20:29 »

sorry about the pics my computer skills have a lot to answer for I'm loving the snow foam and the sponge I mean mitt is ace should of done it years ago I'm converted  :laugh:

Speak to Mr GTD he will give you the link to post your photos...

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #316 on: 22 April 2013, 21:40 »
I tried the snow foamon mine at the weekend... Couldn't get it right, too watery, didn't stick much, made almost no difference once I pressure washed it off. Won't give up though, and was good to give the car a good clean. Really needs a good going over with the DA polisher.
2009 Golf GTD in Pearlescent Black.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #317 on: 22 April 2013, 22:44 »
I tried the snow foamon mine at the weekend... Couldn't get it right, too watery, didn't stick much, made almost no difference once I pressure washed it off. Won't give up though, and was good to give the car a good clean. Really needs a good going over with the DA polisher.

Can be tricky finding the right balance between the lance nozzle setting and the flow rate knob, to get shaving foam consistency,  but worth persevering.   Also recommend running some plain water through lance after use, as dried on shampoo residue can clog it up and make it a pain to use next time around.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #318 on: 22 April 2013, 23:40 »

I haven't got a lance myself but apparently using warm water in the mix makes a big difference.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #319 on: 23 April 2013, 07:23 »

Can be tricky finding the right balance between the lance nozzle setting and the flow rate knob, to get shaving foam consistency,  but worth persevering.   
Don't know what type of jet washer you have, but if it's a Karcher get one of these lances http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/ultimate-snow-foam/karcher-k-series-ultimate-snow-foam-lance-new-and-improved.aspx After going to link scroll down page a bit to see better pictures of lance. No flow rate knob to mess with, you just twist the nozzle to change the mix and you can have the spray pattern horizontal or vertical by twisting the outlet nozzle. Very easy to use and has revolutionised my approach to car cleaning.  :laugh:
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.